2024 HSC Chat (1 Viewer)

aqwerty13402

HSC
I'm just so tired of studying but I still do it but not effectively tbh.
I'm starting to realise that I was never good at studying but I was good at memorising instead tbh.

No TV is wild 😭 but I'm so scared to get my ATAR because I already have distant family 'jokingly' say they expect a 90+ ATAR like wthh
Fr bro I am so bloody exhausted constantly. My exam block is in one week and all of my exams are crammed within 3 days :cry:

aqwerty13402

HSC
tbh I don’t really get why people go to that level, like obviously you need to study a lot to do well but I took plenty of days off and spent plenty of time having fun during year 12 and I still did perfectly fine, that stuff is excessive and unproductive anyway
Thank you that makes me feel better haha. I still do moderately well, I just struggle during the term to stay on top of revision because of work / training / tutoring. How did you do it?

rubypinky:)

HSC
wait guys i have a question, you know after trials, you get your final report. With the grade, rank and your mark. Is the mark you get on your final report with all the assesments combined with semester 1 +2, is that the mark you get when you get yoru results. So that means theres no shock when you open your results because half of them you already saw on your reports?

HSC
Idk about other schools but our school provides the marks out of 100 for our final reports. As such they add all your marks + weighting throughout the year and puts it out of 100. Does that mean my report mark is what my internal mark it will be when i get my marks back? hope that makes sense

aqwerty13402

HSC
wait guys i have a question, you know after trials, you get your final report. With the grade, rank and your mark. Is the mark you get on your final report with all the assesments combined with semester 1 +2, is that the mark you get when you get yoru results. So that means theres no shock when you open your results because half of them you already saw on your reports?
No that's not right. The actual mark that you get in your yearly report doesn't do anything, it's your rank. When you get your hsc results 50% of your mark is the mark that YOU got yourself in the HSC exam. The other half is the mark that was equivalent to your rank. So if in your cohort you rank 2nd (so the mark on your yearly report is 2nd) in Bio, YOUR bio mark, will be averaged with the 2ND bio mark. Then scaling happens etc.

If i got anything wrong correct me but I'm hoping i remember correctly. :redface:

HSC
okay. so basically what you are saying is that in my final report i can get 83/100 with ranking 2nd for bio. However when i open my results and look at the internal marks, it might not be 83/100 right? Cause i got so shocked when my tutor who graduated last year told me that the report mark is the mark you will get for internal assesment but i assume she's wrong right? Then whats the point of having the final mark in the reports? Can someone explain ples? @jimmysmith560 @carrotsss

aqwerty13402

HSC
CONTINUED;
********* on tiktok has a really good video that explains it. Look up
okay. so basically what you are saying is that in my final report i can get 83/100 with ranking 2nd for bio. However when i open my results and look at the internal marks, it might not be 83/100 right? Cause i got so shocked when my tutor who graduated last year told me that the report mark is the mark you will get for internal assesment but i assume she's wrong right? Then whats the point of having the final mark in the reports? Can someone explain ples? @jimmysmith560 @carrotsss
Yeah your tutor is def wrong. Atar notes on tiktok had a great video and I was going to link it but I can't find it. If i do i'll link it

aqwerty13402

HSC
FOUND IT!
https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSFCATc6y/
Or if you don't want to click on a sketchy link by a stranger with cheese sticks as their pfp, it was posted by ATARN0tes on the 12th of Aug 2023.

HSC
OKAYYY thanks. But the things is i made a thread if a tiktok last time cause i saw a similar thing and everyone said it was wrong, so i don't know if i can trust tiktok

HSC

carrotsss

HSC
Thank you that makes me feel better haha. I still do moderately well, I just struggle during the term to stay on top of revision because of work / training / tutoring. How did you do it?
tbh a lot of it is just prioritising time to make sure you’re doing effective study, writing notes or smth like that is pretty much a waste of time

HSC
The top student in the cohort academically. In Year 12, it is based on your ATAR. So highest ATAR = dux. In year 11, i believe it's the same. Or it was for my school. They had an external body come in and use the algorithms to estimate ATARs (but wouldn't tell us what they were), and the dux was chosen from that.
aight aighttt def not me but you never know............. so who heres aiming for dux :awesome:

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
* Some schools decide dux after ATARs are officially released, while others may decide dux before graduation based off cumulative rankings
What happens if a school decides a dux before atars and someone does better than them

carrotsss

HSC
What happens if a school decides a dux before atars and someone does better than them
unlucky

this is why that system sucks a ton, like if my school had’ve done it that way I would’ve probably not gotten dux

HSC
bump, can someone confirm this as well please?

aqwerty13402

HSC

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
unlucky

this is why that system sucks a ton, like if my school had’ve done it that way I would’ve probably not gotten dux
How exactly does that happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)