2024 HSC Chat (3 Viewers)

Haat123

HSC
does anyone know like a range for internal marks to still get mid to high 80's, my school is ranked around 170

HSC
ya'll how do I stop stressing. I procrastinated so bad on this giant assignment and its due very soon so now i'm very stressed. Please give me some tips or help idek what to ask on here :cry: I know procrastinating is wrong and all but i just need some help right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carrotsss

HSC
ya'll how do I stop stressing. I procrastinated so bad on this giant assignment and its due very soon so now i'm very stressed. Please give me some tips or help idek what to ask on here :cry: I know procrastinating is wrong and all but i just need some help right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
make sure you complete the assignment by the due date

HSC
Hey, if anyone wants tutoring for 3U Maths Year 11/12. Lemme know, I'm willing to do it. (It's gonna be paid cuz I am an official tutor as well). Any details or anything, please let me know

HSC
should i take a break or keep going? basically im nearly finished my exam block and i need a bloody break soooo should i? idk it feels wrong lmao

aqwerty13402

HSC
should i take a break or keep going? basically im nearly finished my exam block and i need a bloody break soooo should i? idk it feels wrong lmao
Just give yourself an hour if you need. It's not about how long you are studying for. It's about at what level you are studying, and you will be much more productive after taking a rest, if that's what your mind is telling you.

aqwerty13402

HSC
what is a dux?
The top student in the cohort academically. In Year 12, it is based on your ATAR. So highest ATAR = dux. In year 11, i believe it's the same. Or it was for my school. They had an external body come in and use the algorithms to estimate ATARs (but wouldn't tell us what they were), and the dux was chosen from that.

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
The top student in the cohort academically. In Year 12, it is based on your ATAR. So highest ATAR = dux. In year 11, i believe it's the same. Or it was for my school. They had an external body come in and use the algorithms to estimate ATARs (but wouldn't tell us what they were), and the dux was chosen from that.
* Some schools decide dux after ATARs are officially released, while others may decide dux before graduation based off cumulative rankings

aqwerty13402

HSC
* Some schools decide dux after ATARs are officially released, while others may decide dux before graduation based off cumulative rankings
I prefer that second way, i didn't even know some schools did that. We have our presentation evening well before ATARs are released so the dux gets announced the following year. Not that it bothers me, I'm def not in the running LMAOO :devil:

hafsah_

HSC
I prefer that second way, i didn't even know some schools did that. We have our presentation evening well before ATARs are released so the dux gets announced the following year. Not that it bothers me, I'm def not in the running LMAOO :devil:
Same here. I may have had a chance maybe two years back but def not now 💀

aqwerty13402

HSC
Same here. I may have had a chance maybe two years back but def not now 💀
Felt hahaha. There are some kids in my grade who literally get home and study until they sleep. One girl isn't even allowed a damn tv. How do we compete with that LOL

hafsah_

HSC
Felt hahaha. There are some kids in my grade who literally get home and study until they sleep. One girl isn't even allowed a damn tv. How do we compete with that LOL
I'm just so tired of studying but I still do it but not effectively tbh.
I'm starting to realise that I was never good at studying but I was good at memorising instead tbh.

No TV is wild 😭 but I'm so scared to get my ATAR because I already have distant family 'jokingly' say they expect a 90+ ATAR like wthh

carrotsss

HSC
tbh I don’t really get why people go to that level, like obviously you need to study a lot to do well but I took plenty of days off and spent plenty of time having fun during year 12 and I still did perfectly fine, that stuff is excessive and unproductive anyway

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
I'm just so tired of studying but I still do it but not effectively tbh.
I'm starting to realise that I was never good at studying but I was good at memorising instead tbh.

No TV is wild 😭 but I'm so scared to get my ATAR because I already have distant family 'jokingly' say they expect a 90+ ATAR like wthh
aren't u the one who got deported overseas with your family by your own family because they didn't like your grades?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)