2024 HSC Chat (2 Viewers)

rosieohposie

HSC
My school used to do compressed, but my year group is the first time my school is letting us do the HSC normally. Because it's been seen as such a normal thing at my school, everyone was so upset to hear that we were going through the HSC with no compressed (aka, 3 by 3), but I was so upset about doing my HSC in this school bc I didn't wanna do my HSC that way

this looks and sounds like word v*mit im so tired sorry guys 😭
honestly this is so valid, compressed curriculum can get so stressful just with the time crunch

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
whats cssa, whats it got to do with trials?
CSSA stands for the Catholic Secondary Schools Association. It is an entity that writes trial papers for multiple subjects, which are purchased and adopted as the trial exams of numerous schools in NSW.

juststudyinghere

HSC
CSSA stands for the Catholic Secondary Schools Association. It is an entity that writes trial papers for multiple subjects, which are purchased and adopted as the trial exams of numerous schools in NSW.
Ohh ok thanks!!!!! Can i access these papers online anywhere for practcing

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Ohh ok thanks!!!!! Can i access these papers online anywhere for practcing
They may be difficult to access online and cannot be shared on BoS because they are subject to copyright. If your school uses CSSA, perhaps you could ask your teachers to provide you with past papers.

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
If anything is taught well enough it can be interesting
I agree. While people say that teachers shouldn't influence your perspective on a topic, I feel like it does. If your teacher has zero passion and hates what they're teaching, you would associate the subject with that all the time. On the other hand, if your teacher loves what they're doing and makes sure that you're doing your best, even if it's not your favourite subject, you'll develop some sort of interest or genuine curiosity.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
if your teacher loves what they're doing and makes sure that you're doing your best, even if it's not your favourite subject, you'll develop some sort of interest or genuine curiosity.
not for me 😍✌ nothing could make me like the subject

ok but my bio teacher hated anyone who said they hated bio, like why was she personally offended

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
not for me 😍✌ nothing could make me like the subject

ok but my bio teacher hated anyone who said they hated bio, like why was she personally offended
I mean you were forced to, so essentially, your teacher has no right to feel offended if your school literally readily prevents giving students the opportunity to do subjects they actually enjoy despite having more than enough capacity to provide said opportunities. I mean fair enough if this was a school that gets little funding... but srsly? as a private school???? tf? How on earth are schools such as yours still a thing? I FKING HAD IT OMFDS

Ok. rant ovr.

Last edited:

juststudyinghere

HSC
I agree. While people say that teachers shouldn't influence your perspective on a topic, I feel like it does. If your teacher has zero passion and hates what they're teaching, you would associate the subject with that all the time. On the other hand, if your teacher loves what they're doing and makes sure that you're doing your best, even if it's not your favourite subject, you'll develop some sort of interest or genuine curiosity.
dam @AsuTeksu be insightful asf :sun:and ye i agree

HSC
N/A
This could also be affected by the teacher's depth of knowledge on the subject they teach. One of my teachers went on mat leave and a teacher who had no clue what they're teaching was assigned to us. Don't get me wrong, they are a really nice person with a fun personality but they have no idea what they are teaching. They can't answer the class's questions, they are googling stuff almost 75% of the time and sometimes the class has to explain to them the concepts and theories that they are meant to be teaching us. Like, your nice and all, but our class is screwed. Big time :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)