• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (9 Viewers)

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
brooooooo u dont understand my struggle for stupid eliot. mums that guy is such a downie. My original essay was that I had 2-3 chunky like rlly chunky paras which incorporated all poems(because I cba to memorise 5 paras), but then my teachers like stay safe and have poem per para. so I had to redo everything, add bunch of shit, and it was such a pain. flunked the essay in trial asw 😔
Bruv I only have 2 poems I’m cooked

appleali

HSC
I just speak out each sentence loud again and again. So first I start with first sentence, then the second sentence, then I try saying both sentence together without looking and yeah so on. Then at the end I try writing it out, and if I got anything wrong I redo. But for me this only works for short-term, so I'll forget it after like 2 weeks unless I consistently practice everyday.
Exact same thing as me, I also print out a sheet because I like walking around the house and speaking it aloud. I do feel bad for my family though who has to keep hearing me yap on about Shakespeare and human experiences.

TheLastHope

HSC
Bruv I only have 2 poems I’m cooked
its calm, especially if its 2 big integrated paragraphs of 2 poems and how they share a theme or idea, and show similarities. Its better to have a thorough analysis of 2 then a brief one on 3. having 2 thorough analysis of 2 poems shows that you have a good understanding of the text too

ihatehsc24

HSC
its calm, especially if its 2 big integrated paragraphs of 2 poems and how they share a theme or idea, and show similarities. Its better to have a thorough analysis of 2 then a brief one on 3. having 2 thorough analysis of 2 poems shows that you have a good understanding of the text too
I agree, for my internals I did only 2 poems but I had thorough analysis which got me a 18/20 :)

appleali

HSC
^^^ But also if they give u an extract from a particular poem, if u have 3 poems memorised, it means that you have a better chance of it being ur poem ya know
True, I'm kinda cooked if they give us an extract question especially on Magi as I have 4 poems but thats the only one I have no mention of

stephsstudies

HSC
Hi Everyone! hope studying is going well for everyone (im on the verge of tears). I was just wondering for Mod C, when it asks to "Evaluate how your study of figurative language in The Craft of Writing influenced the creative decisions you made in part a. In your response, make reference to one or more of your prescribed texts." Do I consistently make reference to my prescribed text here, such as adding quotes from the text and also talk about the stimulus? Idk if what im trying to say is clear but im just confused how much i talk of my prescribed text and the stimulus

Legendary16

HSC
Hi Everyone! hope studying is going well for everyone (im on the verge of tears). I was just wondering for Mod C, when it asks to "Evaluate how your study of figurative language in The Craft of Writing influenced the creative decisions you made in part a. In your response, make reference to one or more of your prescribed texts." Do I consistently make reference to my prescribed text here, such as adding quotes from the text and also talk about the stimulus? Idk if what im trying to say is clear but im just confused how much i talk of my prescribed text and the stimulus
What my teacher advised me is that since the max length of this reflection would be 500 words i.e. 10 marks, you can get away with an introduction, a short body paragraph analysing one quote from your written text (and refer to the stimulus if you have to), and another short paragraph on the related instance from your prescribed text (again, refer to the stimulus if needed). This is just one way of approaching the reflection and I'm sure there are others on the chat that would either agree or have their own versions for the same.

K2Trappy

HSC
What do we think 4u maths is gonna look like
Considering theres been an exponential increase in difficulty over the last years
I heard from my math head teacher that there's some new overseer guy for hsc math papers and apparently its going to just get progressively harder

K2Trappy

HSC
tbf harder math papers are soo much better than easy ones IMO cause I want cracked 3U and 4U alignment to save me and not have to get like 85% in 4U to get an e4

bruhmoment.

HSC
tbf harder math papers are soo much better than easy ones IMO cause I want cracked 3U and 4U alignment to save me and not have to get like 85% in 4U to get an e4
frfr, iswtg sometimes the hsc raw marks database is too good to be true for 3u😭. how tf does a 70 in the exam go to a 93💀

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 7)