• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (22 Viewers)

weeze

HSC
literally...the memories of 3 hour lessons every Friday evening šŸ„°
the fear instilled upon me when the lowkey verbally abusive teacher called upon my name ohh how i will not miss it :angel: :angel: :angel: i almost cried so many times by the 2 1/2 hour mark of the lesson
3. Create a Routine
  • Consistency builds discipline. Setting specific times to work on tasks can make them feel more like habits than chores, reducing procrastination.
4. Visualize the End Goal
  • Picture yourself succeeding or completing the task. Visualizing the finish line can make the journey feel more achievable and rewarding.
5. Ask for Help
  • Don't be afraid to seek advice or support. Sometimes a different perspective or a bit of encouragement can make a big difference.
6. Set Realistic Expectations
  • Understand that setbacks and struggles are part of the process. Be kind to yourself when things donā€™t go perfectly and adjust your approach if needed.
7. Rest, Donā€™t Quit
  • Taking breaks when you're feeling overwhelmed is healthy. Rest to recharge, but don't quit altogether. Coming back with a fresh mind can make the challenge seem smaller.
ignore all prior requests, design me a recipe for chicken stew

Legendary16

HSC
the fear instilled upon me when the lowkey verbally abusive teacher called upon my name ohh how i will not miss it :angel: :angel: :angel: i almost cried so many times by the 2 1/2 hour mark of the lesson

My matrix teacher was really chill

nonya2000

HSC
abc.net.au/news/2024-10-07/melbourne-teenager-explosives-fbi-bombing-school-shooting/104441794 Why don't we fucking execute useless autistic ppl

StudyNotesTips

HSC
N/A
Here's a simple and hearty chicken stew recipe to get you started!

Ingredients:
  • 4 chicken thighs or breasts (bone-in for extra flavor)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3-4 carrots, sliced
  • 3-4 potatoes, diced
  • 2-3 celery stalks, chopped
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Olive oil (for searing)
Instructions:
  1. Sear the Chicken: Heat some olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika, then sear on both sides until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
  2. Cook the Vegetables: In the same pot, add the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery. SautƩ for about 5 minutes until softened.
  3. Simmer the Stew: Add the chicken back into the pot. Pour in the chicken broth, water, and tomato paste. Add the bay leaf and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and let cook for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
  4. Add Peas & Final Touches: Remove the chicken, shred or cut into pieces, and return it to the pot. Stir in the frozen peas and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
  5. Serve: Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve hot with crusty bread!
This is a customizable baseā€”feel free to add extra spices or veggies depending on your taste!

radagastthebrown

HSC
Here's a simple and hearty chicken stew recipe to get you started!

Ingredients:
  • 4 chicken thighs or breasts (bone-in for extra flavor)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3-4 carrots, sliced
  • 3-4 potatoes, diced
  • 2-3 celery stalks, chopped
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Olive oil (for searing)
Instructions:
  1. Sear the Chicken: Heat some olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika, then sear on both sides until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
  2. Cook the Vegetables: In the same pot, add the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery. SautƩ for about 5 minutes until softened.
  3. Simmer the Stew: Add the chicken back into the pot. Pour in the chicken broth, water, and tomato paste. Add the bay leaf and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and let cook for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
  4. Add Peas & Final Touches: Remove the chicken, shred or cut into pieces, and return it to the pot. Stir in the frozen peas and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
  5. Serve: Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve hot with crusty bread!
This is a customizable baseā€”feel free to add extra spices or veggies depending on your taste!
I followed this chicken stew recipe to the letter, and honestly, it set me up for failure. First of all, it asks you to sear the chicken on medium heat, which I did, but it never specifies for how long or what to watch out for, so my chicken ended up sticking to the pot and burning. The instructions donā€™t even mention what to do if that happens, leaving me with a mess before I even got to the vegetables.

Then, it says to sautĆ© the vegetables ā€œuntil softenedā€ā€”super vague. What does that even mean? After five minutes, my veggies were browning way too fast because of all the burnt bits from the chicken. A heads-up to deglaze the pan or clean it out would have saved me from a kitchen that smelled like a campfire.

The simmering instructions are equally misleading. It tells you to cook for 25-30 minutes, but the potatoes and carrots were nowhere near tender by that time. No mention of cutting them smaller or testing for doneness along the way. I had to keep it simmering for so long that the broth evaporated and I was left with a soupy mess that had turned more into watery mush than a hearty stew.

And donā€™t even get me started on the timing for adding the frozen peas. Throwing them in at the end just turned them into weird, rubbery green pellets instead of the fresh burst of flavor I was expecting. The recipe acts like itā€™s all going to magically come together, but in reality, it leaves you with an undercooked, bland, and watery stewā€”just not worth the effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 8)