• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (37 Viewers)

appleali

HSC
this is the way. have essay prepared to fall back on but still know how to adapt and dont be afraid to alter big parts of it if u think it will work
for my essays i am memorised but for mod c i will also memorise but also can freeball

lyingsalsa

HSC
i am cooked for mod c rn. everything else im fine except maybe short answer. for mod c i only have a imaginitive and thats pretty bad, basically if its discursive im cooked

appleali

HSC
i am cooked for mod c rn. everything else im fine except maybe short answer. for mod c i only have a imaginitive and thats pretty bad, basically if its discursive im cooked
literally in the same position
ive got goated essays tried and tested in the trials
but my mod c... i have a few pieces and dont know if they are good...
and short answer ive been grinding but idk if in getting better
pop a cheeky inshallah :angel:

appleali

HSC
i got did shit on mod c so id def gauge others thoughts as well if i was you
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY BROAD NARRATIVE IDEAS FOR MODULE C THE CRAFT OF WRITING THAT CAN BE ADAPTED TO A STIMULUS
THANK YOU
:oldcool:

lyingsalsa

HSC
literally in the same position
ive got goated essays tried and tested in the trials
but my mod c... i have a few pieces and dont know if they are good...
and short answer ive been grinding but idk if in getting better
pop a cheeky inshallah :angel:
ima need divine intervention to make it this time 💀

Solarised

HSC
HELLO DEAR SOLARISED
WHAT IS YOUR APPROACH TO MODULE C THE CRAFT OF WRITING AND WHAT ARE SOME IDEAS THAT YOU HAVE
REGARDS
Thank you for the very nice intro and for module C I would recommend writing a narrative based upon an idea that is timeless, it has to have a key idea that is pronounced through each part of the text. For example, for my narrative I wrote upon the loss of a loved one and how its significance affectws the flow and nature of life creating a journey for the character who tries to uncover the meaning of mortality an living and how they interconnect to each other.

lyingsalsa

HSC
Thank you for the very nice intro and for module C I would recommend writing a narrative based upon an idea that is timeless, it has to have a key idea that is pronounced through each part of the text. For example, for my narrative I wrote upon the loss of a loved one and how its significance affecting the flow and nature of life creating a journey for the character who tries to uncover the meaning of mortality an living and how they interconnect to each other.
welp, thats my problem, dont have a key idea

TheLastHope

HSC
How do you get good marks in a discursive? cause since its not imaginative, you can't really use show not tell and figurative language can you?, and isn't that what mainly gets you the marks for imaginative?

sainzsgf

HSC
business rn im going thru the syllbus and making sure i genuinely understand each heading. Then I'm going to start memorising the actual syllabus points and their order etc. I've also been doing a few past papers and a lot of essays to get ready. I can say ive perfected the art of fabricating statistics
literally me too, walked intro trials with no prepared case studies and pulled through with a 19/20 for my essay 😭

hscccc

HSC
How do you get good marks in a discursive? cause since its not imaginative, you can't really use show not tell and figurative language can you?, and isn't that what mainly gets you the marks for imaginative?
you can use some figurative language and descriptions in ur discursive - ive seen a cool one in a sample that was a hybrid style. You still want to be using metaphors, similes, rhetorical qs, experimentation with words and positioning, differed sentence structure, deliberate punctuation, anecdotes, personal voice and prononouns etc. Its just more of a discussion.

sainzsgf

HSC
how the hell do people do this. i did a decent amount and still got like 15
i try and do 3 case studies per paragraph and make sure their all succinct with each other so that when i reference different things in the paragraph i can integrate them back and forth without dropping it one sentnece and not referring back to it, from feedback ive gotten, my teacher has said this makes for a more cohesive response, which means u can hit the a range marks, my advice would be just to spend like a good 5 minutes for planning out your response and where u can stick the case studies examples in, you could even steal them from the short answer or multiple choice, just refer to an actual business that may use that example.

statisics don't even have to be exact just make them sound realistic, like apple making $600 billion in net profit sounds ridiculous, and the hsc markers will see right through it, it'd help to use smaller businesses as examples bc the hsc markers know their shit when it comes to apple, qantas, and mcdonalds, so its harder for them to see through the fake example and then this also makes ur response not look exactly like the last 10 responses they've just marked lmao

lyingsalsa

HSC
i try and do 3 case studies per paragraph and make sure their all succinct with each other so that when i reference different things in the paragraph i can integrate them back and forth without dropping it one sentnece and not referring back to it, from feedback ive gotten, my teacher has said this makes for a more concise response, which means u can hit the a range marks, my advice would be just to spend like a good 5 minutes for planning out your response and where u can stick the case studies examples in, you could even steal them from the short answer or multiple choice, just refer to an actual business that may use that example.

statisics don't even have to be exact just make them sound realistic, like apple making $600 billion in net profit sounds ridiculous, and the hsc markers will see right through it, it'd help to use smaller businesses as examples bc the hsc markers know their shit when it comes to apple, qantas, and mcdonalds, so its harder for them to see through the fake example and then this also makes ur response not look exactly like the last 10 responses they've just marked lmao
yea this guy who used to go to my school did hsc a few years ago and blitzed bisos. apparently you dont need actual stats but you should make them sound realistic so that the marker doesnt subconsciously bias against you. but im not taking his word for it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 33)