• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (30 Viewers)

C2H6O

HSC
Damn, but for previous years you needed a raw mark of 31 out of 70 to get an e3. So if this year's test was easier ("according to others), does that mean I'll be scaled down?
Nah your mark probably won’t decrease, but the band cutoffs will just be higher, so you need like 70%+ to get e4, 60%+ to get e3, etc, whereas harder years might have lower cutoffs. These are not my predictions for the cutoffs btw it was just an example

nitroexcalibur

HSC
same, but i hated question 2 more it was so weird
I disliked Q3 cause I didn’t really know what to talk bout. It was obv a conceptual framework question, but beyond the works having food and drink as social gathering traditions in all cultures, I didn’t know what to exactly point out (except for plate 7’s Invitation)

sharknado

HSC
How’d yall do for art? I wrote a 10 page essay at the start, and after I wrote S1 questions till the very last second. Time management was good but my analysis kinda felt weak idk
I feel like I knew my stuff for the essay but my time management wasn't great and I am not confident in q3

nitroexcalibur

HSC
It was kind of a boring exam imo... the essay questions weren't particularly inspiring and the 12 marker didn't know what it was. I was hoping for architecture or a sculpture
Tbh? It was doable but it felt like they deliberately tried to scale up the difficulty, so hopefully that’ll reflect in the marks. It wasn’t too hard, just like annoying to have to run out of things to say for Q3. Question 2 was really fun tho

beanbug

HSC
Tbh? It was doable but it felt like they deliberately tried to scale up the difficulty, so hopefully that’ll reflect in the marks. It wasn’t too hard, just like annoying to have to run out of things to say for Q3. Question 2 was really fun tho
Q2 was actually the best question of the entire exam. It wasn't a like... hard exam but you can tell they did try to make it harder this yr. There wasn't a great amount I could say for q3 tbh

nitroexcalibur

HSC
same, but i hated question 2 more it was so weird
I kinda liked q2 tbh, it was asking about his future practice through his medium more than a structural analysis. So I talked about his use of installation and video which united both Aboriginal culture and contemporary Australian identity, and how the video pretty much allowed him to ‘create’ the artwork in front of live audiences at the gallery

also talked about the caption, how the car is pretty much associated with Australian identity, as his use of driving over land represents Australia’s technological colonisation of indigenous land as it is connected to their art

nitroexcalibur

HSC
Q2 was actually the best question of the entire exam. It wasn't a like... hard exam but you can tell they did try to make it harder this yr. There wasn't a great amount I could say for q3 tbh
Yes same. I pointed out how plate 7, ‘An Invitation’ was the most different as it is a contemporary work that used satire to challenge the traditional expectations of women which aimed to make dining spaces inviting for men. But the chaos of it all with the animals and their unfriendly expressions demonstrated a subversion of works like the other plates, which is kind of a glorified view showing the respective beauty of their cultures

sharknado

HSC
Yes same. I pointed out how plate 7, ‘An Invitation’ was the most different as it is a contemporary work that used satire to challenge the traditional expectations of women which aimed to make dining spaces inviting for men. But the chaos of it all with the animals and their unfriendly expressions demonstrated a subversion of works like the other plates, which is kind of a glorified view showing the respective beauty of their cultures
damn, I did not have enough time to say anything near as in depth. kinda worried lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)