• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC PREDICTIONS LEGAL STUDIES (3 Viewers)

utopianimal

HSC
Hey, do yall think a world order essay on compliance is good enough for the hsc??, also for family, how many paragraphs and contemp/ syllabus dot points are u guys going in with???

hscccc

HSC
For people doing world order, would you say its a big advantage for iinternational crime for a crime essay, just curious?
yes.. unless its transnational crime. thats why i see it as unlikely bc world order students would have an advantage

Legendary16

HSC
Hey, do yall think a world order essay on compliance is good enough for the hsc??, also for family, how many paragraphs and contemp/ syllabus dot points are u guys going in with???
I think a world order essay on compliance should be good enough, given that you at the very least, have 3 contemporary issues memorised

TheLastHope

HSC
I feel like not choosing a contemporary issue and picking another subheading instead would be much easier as you wont be given 2 questions on contemporary issue and it covers more of the syllabus as well. For e.g. Responses to problems in family relationships in Family, would be much better to choose.

Blue24

HSC
What do you do if you're like me and have no non-legal methods?

Also if it's in your trial, doesn't that mean your teachers are predicting it to be the question?

hscccc

HSC
domestic violence - bail reforms, strangulation reforms, domestic violence evidence in chief, ADVOs, coercive control

changing nature of parental responsibility - the 2006 amendment and the 2023

care and protection - The Child Protection (Working with Children) Amendment (Statutory Review) Act 2018 (NSW), The Child Protection (Working with Children) Amendment Act 2022
you can talk about calls for reform for dcj and stuff

thats what i have in my contemporary issue essay

hscccc

HSC
I know. There's so much that it's all I've done. If it's anything other than reform, I might be cooked
if its just a general to what extent does family law achieve justice for family members or something youll be fine, but yeah you shouldnt be banking on it being law reform without having anything else prepared

hscccc

HSC
also non-legal are pretty easy to prepare as well, i had non-legal in my assessment task and you basically just say the same things for it - places pressure to reform/legislate, raises awareness etc. but lacks effectiveness as its non legal lol. theres some good organisations you can do for family like for DV and then just find media articles - like that stuff with Molly Ticehurst and bail

Blue24

HSC
also non-legal are pretty easy to prepare as well, i had non-legal in my assessment task and you basically just say the same things for it - places pressure to reform/legislate, raises awareness etc. but lacks effectiveness as its non legal lol. theres some good organisations you can do for family like for DV and then just find media articles - like that stuff with Molly Ticehurst and bail
Is there a world where we would have to write a whole essay on non-legal??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)