27/5/10 ACCG200 lecture's dispute? [full class cancelled, argument, security called] (1 Viewer)

Tabris

HSC
Re: 27/5/10 ACCG200 lecture's dispute? [full class cancelled, argument, security call

Back in 2005 (a lifetime ago), the ACCG101 was full...so the lecturer sent out a letter to all students enrolled.

This letter contained the time and day of the lecture (there were two lecture streams) and that the student must bring the letter in order to get into the lecture room.

This worked.
I wonder if you can put Darth Vader and Star wars into your thesis Mel! I hoep the supervisor is a star wars fan...I know one of the academics who is a big sci fi fan!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Re: Thursday 27/5/2010 ACCG200 lecture's dispute?

Law for example had reduced teach hours, all the good staff are leaving because the pay is terrible and our resources are attriotious. They have limited elective choices to virtually nothing. Walk over to the EFS buildings or international students area and its like another world.
The reduction in contact hours is disgusting. For example, for property law we have a 10% mark for class participation + a 10% mark for a presentation. The problem is, with half the time and more students in each class we don't even get the presentations done let alone any class participation.

Then there are the lecturn computers that have all seemed to die this time of the semester. In Price theatre last week one of our lecturers ended up using a students laptop.

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC

Then there are the lecturn computers that have all seemed to die this time of the semester. In Price theatre last week one of our lecturers ended up using a students laptop.
This has been happening from time to time with the computers my tutors use in our tutes. 99% of the time, they're unable to use it because the computer is just completely overrun with viruses and other junk.
Only the staff have access to these computers afaik, so.. :eek:

blackrider89

HSC

This has been happening from time to time with the computers my tutors use in our tutes. 99% of the time, they're unable to use it because the computer is just completely overrun with viruses and other junk.
4 our VC's sake, plz don't think bad of the staff rofl :p.

X

xeuyrawp

Yeah, well on a positive note, the uni is aware of this and is fixing it these holidays, hopefully.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A

Yeh, apparently someone put a virus onto the lectern computers thats spread throughout the uni.

With regards to overfilling lectures and general experience with some units, i guess it depends on the Department.

dolbinau

HSC

Pics or it didn't happen?

But srsly this must reach YouTube...I'd feel schadenfreude if it like hit ACA or whatever about the 'state of our universities' etc...

We'll be up there with the ranks of Geoffrey Leonard and Crazy Dog Man!

panda-in-yale

HSC
Re: 27/5/10 ACCG200 lecture's dispute? [full class cancelled, argument, security call

seems like an intense study about this issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)