:) (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Summary: The fairer sex is fairer in every regard.

I disagree with this part:
''It's wall-to-wall arseholes out there,'' reports Penny, a 31-year-old lawyer. She is stunned by how hard it is to meet suitable men willing to commit. ''I'm horrified by the number of gorgeous, independent and successful women my age who can't meet a decent man.''
Her logic is that the men she meets are arseholes, so all men are arseholes. But I blame her for that, not the men. If you go out the pub, the guys that meet you are the guys that are arrogant enough to approach you. The sort of guys that are practised at this. Do they really think they're the first girl they've done this to, or that they will be the last?

The nice guys are going to shy away. So if girls are really surprised that the charming guy ends up being a dick then they don't deserve to breed because of their naivety and stupidity.

This is my favourite bit:
wails Gail
lol, writer.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Her logic is that the men she meets are arseholes, so all men are arseholes. But I blame her for that, not the men. If you go out the pub, the guys that meet you are the guys that are arrogant enough to approach you. The sort of guys that are practised at this. Do they really think they're the first girl they've done this to, or that they will be the last?

as barney stinson would say "don't hate the player - hate the game"

Annihilist

HSC
"Maybe we need to get over ourselves"
Yes.

I didn't get through it all due to its sheer length, but I read half and skimmed the rest. I didn't get the point of it, really, other than copious amounts of women whining about how men aren't good enough for them or something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats all I could get out of it.

Last edited:

I Study Hard

HSC
I don't understand the point of the article..
Women who wait until 'the right time' to meet a man and settle down are stupid.
The right time should be when you meet the right man, not when your career takes off or you suddenly decide that your biological clock is ticking. I don't understand why establishing a relationship doesn't seem to be part of the plan until they're old enough to be desperate to find a man. Good men don't appear out of thin air, when you find the right one you don't just let them go because it's not the right time or you want to fool around until you're 30.
All the women quoted in that article are fools.

~I realise I'll probably get neg'd for this post, but seriously, it's just the way I feel. I don't understand why some women are so focused on that one part of their life (career) that they neglect everything else because 'it's not as important'. If you want a family some day then it IS important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)