2Pac Shakur (1 Viewer)

spell check

HSC
funniboi said:
all this talk about pac, everyone has their own opinion on pac. and personally, i don't care what people think about it, but i have to interupt.

pac wrote his songs based on his life, his experiences and shit.
he wanted to change it all cause the blacks got it bad, the racism, poverty and all.

if that aint worth of being "repped" then what is ?
actually doing something to try and fix those things?

funniboi

HSC
spell check said:
actually doing something to try and fix those things?
umm .. here.

CharlieB said:
tupac did more charity work than most 'black' artists have. he passed out toys at schools in l.a at christmas, on thanksgiving he passed out like $400,000 worth of turkeys, he took the step daughter of a murdered friend to her prom. he did alot of shit.

+ the current rap stars who "redibility to their shit by "repping" pac" were not on the rap scene when pac was.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
i think hes referring to the people who 'rep' tupac should be doing something to change the circumstances, rather than laud him for it.

Grandmaster Flash was more effective at highlighting the problems of black people, and *shock horror* didnt need to carry on about 'thug life', gangs and killing people

HSC
2pac was a true artist, he was a poet, he had substance in MOST of his songs, any fucking ignorant misinformed foolish peice of shit that says he doesn't have substance in his songs should go bury themselves to rid the world of stupid ignorant dickheads

sure 'hit em up' had no great message in his lyrcis, he wrote those at a time of anger, that was pure hatred for biggie...

listen to 'keep ya head up' 'baby dont cry' 'my block' 'thugz mansion' most of his songs convey just how deep his thoughts were.

Many people say pac is the greatest rapper ever, but then again they probably have only ever heard 'changes' then bought his 'greatest hits' then went out and bought a bandana, sat out in the sun for 1000000 days to try and change their skin colour and drive around bumping 2pac (eg the 'tryhard' lebs, fobs, wateva other stereotype we throw their way)

fact is 2pac isn't the greatest rapper ever, just happened to have lyrics alot of people related too....

true hip hop fans know biggie was a way better lyricist than pac

then we had Jay-Z (no don't judge him based on his pop songs that u hear on radio, thats only to get airplay) im tlaking bout songs like 'dead presidents' '22' twos' and 'feelin it'

then we have Nas, but then again he has never made a classic like 'illmatic'

now we have T.I (listen to his debut album 'im serious')

or we can just sum that up in a sentence..

2pac ain't the greatest

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
CharlieB said:
^^^pbbbssshhh......mate, there is no way biggie wasnt a better lyricist than pac. Lyrically, apart from 'Notorious thugs', biggie had nothin over pac.

Ok mate let be honest with you, I have been a big fan of tupac for ages now. When it comes to flow style and technique Notorious BIG was better than tupac hands down, there is no question about that. However when it came to substance and meaning of the flow Tupac was much much better.

Even his exclusive producer From the "Thug Angel" dvd thinks so.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
public enemy were better. :D
You're an idiot we're talking about individual lyricists but yeh for me Pac is trash.
I prefer BIG, Nas, Jay Z, Ras Kass, Big L. All better IMO.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
thanx for having a bite like a great white

well in all seriousness, the rapper with the best lyrics skilz i listen to is Snoop Dogg

DaRanjed

tupac did more charity work than most 'black' artists have. he passed out toys at schools in l.a at christmas, on thanksgiving he passed out like $400,000 worth of turkeys, he took the step daughter of a murdered friend to her prom. he did alot of shit.

+ the current rap stars who "redibility to their shit by "repping" pac" were not on the rap scene when pac was.
I think it's funny how people praise Tupac for doing these while not giving Michael Jackson a damn "thankyou" at the same time.

Michael Jackson was on the Guiness Book of Records for supporting the most number of charities.
I don't hear anyone saying anything about that.

Before I get back to studying, I'll just say that I like 'Changes'.

HSC
public enemy were revolutionary, they had the most unappealing flow, kinda like preachers, but chuck D can sure fkn preach, 'it takes a nation of millions to hold us back' is a powerful album and whoever says rappers are fucking stupid should listen to that to prove themselves wrong.

u can't forget common in a list of great lyricists

common - i used to love H.E.R

one of the best hip hop songs ever, personifying the status of hip hop(when all the 'gangsta rap' came around) as a raped crack whore lol

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Immortal Technique, Jadakiss, Styles p, DBlock, Roots n Mos..............................need i say more.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
u still hav 2 respect pac...his lyrics in most songs were credible...how can u say he didnbt do anything about his lifestyle? obviously he didnt hav alot of chances at an early age, but i think he did what he could. he has been talked up however since he died...

tattoodguy

2pac is the greatest.

his music is awesome..he has the best lyrics and he could write them fast cos he is inteligent.

also he spoke and raped about an extremely diverse range of issues.
he had the whole gangster thing that ppple respected.......but he wasnt afraid to show his caring side and try and make the world a better place.

But most of all......i respect him for his honor and courage.

Most entertainers are fake especially rappers. But like 2pac even though he was so successful, was still willing to die for his honor.

Most men in the world are such pussies especially these days and i just respect him for putting honor above all else.

For me living and dying how he did ..................reminds me of like a jesus type of character.

7th Sign

HSC
i got about 1 gig of tupac stuff

i got about all of his music vids
and about 15 of his cds......their ar actuallt 17 in total ill get em all soon
i also have the 4 tupac dvds.....

tupac is def one of my fav artists....next to like young bloodz,ruberband man,young gunz,notorious big,big tymers,the wu,dmx and Brooklyn Academy

any gangsta rap im a fan of....

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
DaRanjed said:
I think it's funny how people praise Tupac for doing these while not giving Michael Jackson a damn "thankyou" at the same time.

Michael Jackson was on the Guiness Book of Records for supporting the most number of charities.
I don't hear anyone saying anything about that.
yeah totally. i love michael jackson

i love his music, lyrics personality etc he used to be hot too...

HSC
Connections said:
i got about 1 gig of tupac stuff

i got about all of his music vids
and about 15 of his cds......their ar actuallt 17 in total ill get em all soon
i also have the 4 tupac dvds.....

tupac is def one of my fav artists....next to like young bloodz,ruberband man,young gunz,notorious big,big tymers,the wu,dmx and Brooklyn Academy

any gangsta rap im a fan of....
gangsta rap?? you calling big tymers gangsta rap? i don't really think mannie fresh and baby qualify as 'gangsta rappers' lol they got good beats, mannie fresh is sick with it on the beats (eg lil wayne - tha carter) baby can't rap but he's enjoyableto listen to but no way they are 'gangsta rap' lol

youngbloodz best song is 'damn' its their most successful too, best beat of lil' jons career i reckon

rubberband man???? who the fuck is that lol i know the song 'rubberband man' but thats by a rapper from southside, bankhead, named 'T.I' and his probably my current favourite rapper, he's new song with swizz beatz 'bring em out' is fkn awesome...and his also featured of destinys childs new song 'soldier' but he only got a small bit at the start, good song..

wu ain't gangsta, but they are good rapper, fucking awesome rappers, well meth ain't what he used to be 'tical the prequal' was crap....raekwons the best wu member followed by GZA and masta killah

brooklyn academy have some allright songs

DMX is probably the 'realest' rapper since 2pac and biggie IMO his fucking raw and he makes u feel what he's saying, he's one of the best IMO

if ya like T.I you might be interested in getting some of his material, his awesome to listen to, got nominated for lyricist of the year at source awards this year (but jay-z one) T.I is the best 'newcomer' in the 'rap game' right now.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
CharlieB said:
Immortal TechniqueQUOTE]

Hell yea...i thought tupac's lyrics were deep...untill i heard "Dace with the Devil" by immortal technique....i gota say these guys are the shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)