$30/hour Maths tutoring! Selective high school graduate, band 6 ext 1 and 2 maths! (1 Viewer)

determine

Premium Member
HSC
****I AM NOW TAKING STUDENTS IN YEAR 11 2012 AND YEAR 12 2012!! I AM ALSO TAKING STUDENTS CURRENTLY DOING THEIR HSC AND WHO MAY WANT A COUPLE OF WEEKS OF SOLID TUTORING! GET IN QUICK AS THERE ARE LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE! CONTACT DETAILS ARE BELOW! THANKS!****

Hello!!
My name is Alex and I am offering tutoring for years 11-12 2unit and 3unit maths. Years 7-10 are welcome too.

Why choose me you may ask?
In 2010 I obtained marks of 97 and 93 for ext-1 and ext-2 maths respectively.
Currently, I am doing B commerce/ B science (advanced maths) at UNSW.
I never went to maths tutoring and still managed to obtain good results in maths, indicating my natural ability and passion for the subject.
I received an ATAR of 96+, graduating from Sydney Tech, a selective high school.
I have a vast range of past papers for both 2u and 3u from both my own ex-high school, as well as from other top high schools such as James Ruse, North Sydney Boys and North Sydney Girls, and have received positive feedback from teaching friends throughout high school.
I received a Distinction or higher for all Maths competitions in the past, which really highlights my solid maths skill.
I have a clear understanding of all topics in the course, and would love to share this knowledge with students!

Price
As the thread title says, I'm offering this tutoring for $30 per hour. Lessons vary from 1 to 2 hours, depending on your needs. Groups are welcome.

Where
Students who are willing to travel to an area around Dulwich Hill (as this is where I live), OR, if it is more convenient, we can meet at UNSW library.

Availability
All day on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. If you request tutoring for any other days, the availability times will vary, since I have uni Tuesday-Friday.

What will the tutoring involve
I believe in getting to the core of a student's weaknesses and difficulties in Maths, so there will be a strong focus on going through the key areas that you have difficulty with and the more challenging questions that you really need to be able to answer to penetrate into that Band 6 zone. Sometimes you might understand the topic but you just cant get your head around certain more difficult questions until you look at the solutions. I will provide tips to trigger your understanding as well as shortcuts that are effective and help you to get the right answer quicker, which is so important when you're doing exams!
I will also show you the links between theory topics so that you can always apply your knowledge to a variety of question styles - exposure to many questions is the key in Maths!
A test every week containing questions from a topic we identified that you have trouble grasping.
Constant homework help and test preparation.

Contact details
alexbzhong@hotmail.com

I encourage you to contact me! Now is the best time to get onto some tutoring, as the HSC exams are fast approaching at schools and now you really need to be consolidating your knowledge and picking up on the areas you are struggling with - and working on them! That's where I can come in! Look forwarding to hearing from people!

Thanks, Alex.

P.S. This is my friend's account, but all the details are mine! :)

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: $25/hour Maths tutoring! Selective high school graduate, band 6 ext 1 and 2 maths

AZ is the man. I recommend him. he'll make you laugh as well with his awesome jokes, and hopefully you'll have a good time with him :)

Last edited:

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Re: $25/hour Maths tutoring! Selective high school graduate, band 6 ext 1 and 2 maths

Haha AZ is the sickest mofo around, I definitely recommend getting tutoring with him.

Cheap as, and he's a nice bloke.

HSC
Uni Grad

bumping it. He's actually smart at maths and works hard for his students as well :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Currently, I am doing B commerce/ B science (advanced maths) at UNSW.
Good degree choice.

btw, AZ is an awesome guy who makes awesome jokes. No bias and I was not forced to write this. (srsly, get tutoring from him if you can)

httton

HSC

no 4unit tutoring?

HSC
Uni Grad

bumping for AZ :)

determine

Premium Member
HSC

thanks 4025808 :D

httton

HSC

is there still spots for 4u?

HSC

Hahaha, AZ is boss :). Funny guy as well.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

wat. how do you know AZ

HSC

Same high school hurr durr.

1337_mirage

HSC

yeah AZ, best tutor around! solid stuff

determine

Premium Member
HSC

Unfortunately I dont do 4u, as I am not too confident with it, but I do recommend using a Terry Lee textbook if you havent got urself one already :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: $30/hour Maths tutoring! Selective high school graduate, band 6 ext 1 and 2 maths

What? I'm Charlie? wat.

HSC
Re: $30/hour Maths tutoring! Selective high school graduate, band 6 ext 1 and 2 maths

CSB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)