3d trig :( ?? (1 Viewer)

kr73114

HSC
any tips with 3d trig. interpreting the question into my head is so confusing.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
start by reading the question :)

also, use cot instead of tan.

draw individual triangles and carefully label the corners

it should be really easy. easiest trig imo.

YashC3

HSC
Make sure you start with the easiest type of questions and then work your way up. Also, ensure that your basic trigonometry is strong.

rishabhp

HSC
the above comment is plain rubbish, annabackwards is correct, make sure that you draw the diagram PERFECTLY, this is vital, then you are guaranteed that the laws of sines, cosines and tangents and pythagoran theorems will get you throught the question. Also, it is easier to use cot, but using 1/tan might make more sense when you are working out

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
annabackwards is correct
lol no she's not. i, j and k vectors (ie. 3D coordinate geometry) are not in the current HSC course and thus doing that sort of thing in Ext 1 would be an overkill.

In 3D trig for the Ext 1 course there are two major types. Namely they are the 'billboard' type, or the 'two triangle' type. Just recognising and studying those two types will ensure a very good mark in this topic.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
ie. a waste of time... You don't do i, j and k vectors at HSC level.
We all know that...

lol no she's not. i, j and k vectors (ie. 3D coordinate geometry) are not in the current HSC course and thus doing that sort of thing in Ext 1 would be an overkill.

In 3D trig for the Ext 1 course there are two major types. Namely they are the 'billboard' type, or the 'two triangle' type. Just recognising and studying those two types will ensure a very good mark in this topic.
No need for i, j, k vectors.

Just draw it out 3D on an angle was my point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)