4 tutorials in one day (1 Viewer)

artosis

HSC
Just out of curiosity, how hard/difficult would it be to manage 4 tutorials in one day for someone on a two day timetable where one of the days are full of lectures and the the other day is full of tutorials only. (I placed the four tutorials on a thursday so ill have plenty of time to prepare for them)

I'm struggling to decide whether to go with a 2 day timetable with 4 tutes in one day or a 3 day timetable with everything spread out.

P.S. This is commerce btw. First year Semester 2.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
As difficult as the day you have 4 quizzes all on the same day.

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
Just out of curiosity, how hard/difficult would it be to manage 4 tutorials in one day for someone on a two day timetable where one of the days are full of lectures and the the other day is full of tutorials only. (I placed the four tutorials on a thursday so ill have plenty of time to prepare for them)

I'm struggling to decide whether to go with a 2 day timetable with 4 tutes in one day or a 3 day timetable with everything spread out.

Its be up to you whether you can cope or not, in terms of time management. Can you not spread 4 TUTS over 2 days?
Just remember most assessments occur at the same time during the year, which may mean you have multiple things/tests due on the same day. So you might want to check the course outlines for that sort of stuff.

Now in terms of 2 vs 3 days. Do you have something productive to do in the days away from UNI?
Most accounting jobs want someone to work ~3days a week so if that's your major try to apply for those.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

Go for the minimum days. Four on one day isn't as difficult as it seems.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Check the course outlines for when you have assesments, so you can prepare yourself if you have multiple shit on the same day.

W

Wealth

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of!
What happens when midsemester comes around and you have 4 tests on one day?

@Kazi: you cannot see the course outline until the first week of semester.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of!
What happens when midsemester comes around and you have 4 tests on one day?
just treat them as if he has the tutorials earlier in the week and study for them?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Depends on who you are. Personally, I think I could handle 4 tutes in one day - provided they weren't right after the other. But I think mostly anyone can. It's just "class".

The real thing you have to consider is assessments - and tute quizzes, which could really end up on the same week. I suppose it'd get you to study earlier, plus it also means you have a much nicer Week 13.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Depends on who you are. Personally, I think I could handle 4 tutes in one day - provided they weren't right after the other. But I think mostly anyone can. It's just "class".

The real thing you have to consider is assessments - and tute quizzes, which could really end up on the same week. I suppose it'd get you to study earlier, plus it also means you have a much nicer Week 13.
How many classes would have quizzes though, surely no more than one or two? Homework yes, but surely not many in class quizzes.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
How many classes would have quizzes though, surely no more than one or two? Homework yes, but surely not many in class quizzes.
Most science or engineering courses regularly have quizzes/tests.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I remember last sem, I had a maths quiz, and two Finance quizzes in the same week. That was hell :(

I mean, same week is bad enough. But same day?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I remember last sem, I had a maths quiz, and two Finance quizzes in the same week. That was hell :(

I mean, same week is bad enough. But same day?
Yeah, but OP is just doing first year straight Commerce. I can't imagine there would be many quizzes with that, at least, there wasn't when I did it at my uni.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah, but OP is just doing first year straight Commerce. I can't imagine there would be many quizzes with that, at least, there wasn't when I did it at my uni.
Perhaps.

But it depends on the OP. I mean, if not, just try it now - and see how you go. If not, spread the tutes out next sem.

HSC
i had 3 tutes, a lab and a lecture from 9 - 4 (without a break) on one of my days this semester

believe me, it's unbearable

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
i had 3 tutes, a lab and a lecture from 9 - 4 (without a break) on one of my days this semester

believe me, it's unbearable
9 - 4 isn't too bad. 8:30 to 5:30, with a one hour break was pretty standard for me most days in first year. 9:30 - 8:30 no breaks was my longest. It's exhausting, but manageable. Four tutes is nothing compared to that.

garrry

HSC
I did it in the semester that just passed and also doing 4 on the same day in the coming semester...

someguy12

HSC
I try to avoid having a large number of classes one after the other. I can do it sure, but if I'm half asleep by the end of the day I won't learn jack shit and may as well not even be there.

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd personally avoid having all 4 tutorials on the same day, because if the tutorial requires homework to be due or a quiz due, then I'd get all disorganized and not end up performing as well as I would have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)