• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

4 unit half yearly 2008 ! (1 Viewer)

conics2008

HSC
Hey guys, please feel free to share you're thoughts on how you went in the exam =)

Mine is on thursday lol.. only 3 chapters graphs,poly and complex aim 95+ =)

GOOD LUCK CLASS OF 2008 I'm you're comp =)

vds700

HSC
3 topics u lucky barstard! Mine is 2moz and its got complex, polynomials, integration, conics AND mechanics...shit

Poad

HSC
Mines on Tuesday. The 4U topics being test are Complex, Graphs, Conics (eew), and Harder 3U (mainly just inequalities).

conics2008

HSC
why does everyone hate conics .. i havne't even started it and it seems pretty simple its like locus =) com on how hard can it get, im scared of harder 3u

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I was lucky- only Polynomials and Curve Sketching :eek:

cccclaire

HSC
Kujah said:
I was lucky- only Polynomials and Curve Sketching :eek:

I would love that test.
Poly's are shit easy and so is curve sketching.

Mine is 50% conics, and of the other I think its about half and half curve sketching and polynomials. I think I might also have some 4u integration, but I'm not sure.

But half of the conics is "harder conics" =[ So pretty much the highest possible mark I can get is 75%.

yorkstanham

HSC
had mine a while ago, was on complex numbers and polynomials. I thought i went shit but ended up with 80%

mantiswhoprays

HSC
conics2008 said:
why does everyone hate conics .. i havne't even started it and it seems pretty simple its like locus =) com on how hard can it get, im scared of harder 3u
there's just alot to it, but it's easy to prove formulae if you don't remember them. and half of it's to do with the parametric equations which use trig rather than (2at, at²). it's lengthy and conceptually confronting, that's why everyone hates it. (to everyone) and if you enjoy it, you need therapy!!!

conics2008

HSC
mantiswhoprays said:
there's just alot to it, but it's easy to prove formulae if you don't remember them. and half of it's to do with the parametric equations which use trig rather than (2at, at²). it's lengthy and conceptually confronting, that's why everyone hates it. (to everyone) and if you enjoy it, you need therapy!!!

naa im serious, I looked at the HSC paper for conics it was dead easy, like it seems pretty easy, yeah parametrics with sex and tan bull shi*T.. but what the heck, I found Locus pretty simple like it was simple logic problem...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
In case anybody was wondering: Yes, conics2008 is a troll.

Foxodi

HSC
Had mine last monday, it had complex, poly, graphs, conics

Most of it was easy enough, but I think the conics and harder poly hurt some..
Prob get 70% :/ Others in my class gave themselves same estimate.

vds700

HSC
just come home from my 4u test. ...it was a pretty tough exam, 5 questions in 2 hours...i got through mechanics, , polynomials and integration OK. There was a hard complex Q and conics was hard as well.

I reckon I'm looking at a mark in the mid 70"s.

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
had ours on thursday.. hope to get it back this week.

we got examined on harder 3U induction, conics (epic) and polys.

the induction was so easy but it was a really long test 4-5 questions in 70 mins. most kids didnt finish. oh well, hope to get near full marks.

mantiswhoprays

HSC
vds700 said:
just come home from my 4u test. ...it was a pretty tough exam, 5 questions in 2 hours...i got through mechanics, , polynomials and integration OK. There was a hard complex Q and conics was hard as well.

I reckon I'm looking at a mark in the mid 70"s.
are you serious :mad1: i had mine yesterday, it was 8 questions in 3 hours. it was so intense. i had about 5 mins left and i hadn't done the last question but luckily it was just prove de Moivre's theorem using induction which i knew how to do. hope i'll get in the mid 70's too :) *fingers crossed*

rishika

HSC
mines on thurs.. itll have complex, poly, graphs n a bit of integration
also it will have harder 3u stuff.. just wen i thought 3u couldnt get any harder =[ yeh, i know i prob shudnt b doin 4u but its too late now n im gonna give it my best shot =] .. wot type of stuff should i expect to find in the harder 3u part of the paper other than circle geo? my teacher is shyt she tells us shyt all

YannY

HSC
i think i did pretty shit even though my test is tomorrow

hkdrmark

HSC
Ha , I've done my test. It's about graph, complex numbers and integration. And my teacher told me I got 98%~! so happy:p

Poad

HSC
Mine went okay. Im almost certain that I did better in 4U than in 3U (lets not talk about how that went...)

Complex number was fairly simple, 'cept I know I got one question wrong. :\

Graphs was.. annoying. I know I stuffed up a 7 mark question, but I should get marks in between and stuff.

Conics was better than I expected. I only left one question which was only out of 2 marks and looked like it was going to be messy, so I didn't bother with it.

Harder Ext 1 was surprisingly simple, hopefully I'll get full marks for it.

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
Had mine this morning. The topics were complex numbers, conics, graphs and hard 3U. 2 hrs. Didn't get the exam finished and feel that I majorly screwed a graphs question when it wasn't 2 difficult

(Sketch x^0.5 + y^0.5 = a^0.5 and determine where the tangent at P(x1, y1) crosses the X-Axis (Point A) and Y-axis (Point B) Hence proove that Triangle OAB is isoscleles)

Go me!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)