4-Unit Maths? (1 Viewer)

undalay

HSC
fishy89sg said:
Well when doing the 'Extension 2' course, it counts as 2units towards your HSC, and 'Extension 1' counts as 2units (making up 4).

But in reality, the workload (relative to time per unit) for Extension 2 is actually more like 3units, so take that into considering when deciding whether to do Extension 2 or not. (ie. you should think of your total maths at 5units of study even though its 4)

and as for the "mechanics" topic for Extension 2, i can tell you now you don't need to study that in depth (or at all) to get relatively high marks assuming you have a sound knowledge on the other topics

and midifile,
3unit probability is like 4unit probability for dummies
3unit circle geometry is like 4unit circle geometry for dummies, and finally,
3unit inequalities is definitely like 4unit inequalities for dummies
yeah extensino 2 is like 3 units of work.
but extension 1 becomes 1 unit of work.

omniscience

HSC
N/A
barbecuedflava said:
what?

im getting mixed messages, ur telling me 4u is not hard, others are saying 4u is like 5u

:confused:
2 unit = 3 unit
3 unit = 4 unit
Therefore, 2 unit = 4 unit

scy91

HSC
I enjoy maths - should i say it gives u excitement???

That sort of sounds crazy~

Anyways, I really want to do 4-unit but my maths teacher tells me that

you need braoder knowledge than you might have already because

it's much more than simply solving problems...

Plus you can always drop down to 3 units!!

red-butterfly

HSC
the-derivative said:
I'm considering doing 4U, but I'm weighing the advantages of doing 4U and keeping my 2U HSC mark from this year (I'm accelerated).

Oh yes, and the common question...'how hard do you have to work'.... you have to work uber uber uber uber hard.
I'm doing accelerated 2 unit maths too ^ ^ we've already started part of the 4 unit course at school. It's challenging but rewarding when things start to make sense.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I will be doing 4 unit next year. I am determined to do it at this current stage.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
I will be doing 4 unit next year. I am determined to do it at this current stage.
itd be a sin if you dont! thats the impression my teachers giving me but i had mind made up from day one yr 7 that i was gonna do it...when i wasnt going to selective i was like if i didnt, who will :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
clintmyster said:
itd be a sin if you dont! thats the impression my teachers giving me but i had mind made up from day one yr 7 that i was gonna do it...when i wasnt going to selective i was like if i didnt, who will :p
Hahaha...why would it be a sin?

I mean, until the mid-last year, I was considering doing General Mathematics!

I wouldn't have considered doing MX2 by then~

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
Hahaha...why would it be a sin?

I mean, until the mid-last year, I was considering doing General Mathematics!

I wouldn't have considered doing MX2 by then~
you end up solving pretty much every problem thrown at you and i just look in awe xD

today though ive been fortunate enough to almost answer every question apart from that integration one cos i havent done much of it yet :D

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
i went to the yr 12s in my bus, "4u cant be that hard". They all looked at me and laughed! From that moment on ive feared it...just a liddle :D

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
clintmyster said:
i went to the yr 12s in my bus, "4u cant be that hard". They all looked at me and laughed! From that moment on ive feared it...just a liddle :D
Lol...you are correct though.

No offense to lyounamu - the person you should be watching out for is lolokay - I'd say he's better than me and a handful of year12'ers in this website at mathematics without shame at all.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
tommykins said:
Lol...you are correct though.

No offense to lyounamu - the person you should be watching out for is lolokay - I'd say he's better than me and a handful of year12'ers in this website at mathematics without shame at all.
yeah, lolokay is a tank. he knows all the 4 unit topics. that guy is like mentally accelerated.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
yeah, lolokay is a tank. he knows all the 4 unit topics. that guy is like mentally accelerated.
Is lolokay in year 11?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)