Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DSE LCD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xMaNx

HSC

• Full high definition display 1080P
  • Integrated HD tuner
  • Inputs: 3 x HDMI, 1 x component mini jack (lead included), 1 x AV mini jack (lead included), 1 x VGA, 1 x antenna
  • Piano black finish
  • 100HZ technology with motion correction provides sharper picture, reduced motion blur and minimised judder on fast moving images

$1199
ALDI - special buys from thurs 17 jun - hurry, limited stocks in store*

OR

• Specifications:
    Aspect Ratio: 16:9
    Response Time: 5ms
    Max resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Full HD TV: 720pm 1080i, 1080p
    DVB-T HD digital tuner built in
    VGA input x 1
    HDMI x 2
    Component x 2
    S-Video x 1
    Dimensions (WxDxH): 1165mm x 360mm x 815mm
$697
Vivo 106cm (42") Full High Definition LCD TV LTV42FHD (GE6003) | Dick Smith Online Store

Main uses:

- PS3
- Movies (DVD/Blu-Ray & also streaming from Computer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
LED is better, its the next thing after LCD...considering the 2 T.Vs there r two cheap brands i would go with the LED. LED uses less power, and is meant to deliver sharper viewing angles, and i think less strain on the eyes etc.

PS: imo i wouldn't buy something from aldi, or even dicksmith, there too cheap, they will most likely break down sooner rather than later.
Buy one at Myers or Harvey if you want quality and have a lot of cash. If not do otherwise, just letting u be aware thats all, not putting it down or anything.

Aldi's main focus is to sell food, groceries, anything else is a secondary source. ive heard a lot of complaints about their "cheap electronics", for dicksmith you have to be careful, too, they have a lot of cheap stuff too, but some stuff can be quite good..the staff r sometimes crap. the 2 yr warranty on the aldi one is nice. Pay a little more and you get better features.

Get a Sony, Sharp, or Panasonic if you want something thats gona last long. unknown brands tend to break down very easily, thats y their cheap.

All in all LED > LCD > Plasma...3D t.vs operate on LED technology, and they have the option to turn 3d off etc.

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh, ALDI have some great shit but be extremely wary of their electronic/technological stuff cos it is generally quite fail. Though with a 2 year warranty I guess it would prolly be alright.

I would expect Dicksmith to be of pretty decent quality on the other hand, but of course everyone has different experiences with different places and what not.

aussie-boy

HSC
You cant buy these things on specs

They all look slightly different, in terms of colour and especially in terms of ability to show movement (tennis can be unwatchable on some of these screens for example, probs the same with cricket etc)

I reckon theyd last just as long as the sony ones but you should try before u buy

Its one thing to buy a cheap CRT from DSE, cos the tech has been perfected over decades and the cheapest ones are extremely advanced... same cant be said for ever-changing flat screens

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I agree you can't buy on specs.

IMO set your budget and go to JB Hifi and haggle. You should be able to get at least 40" LCD's from the Samsung/etcs for somewhere around the same price as what you're mentioning considering that 50" Samsung plasmas are a dollar or two under the $1k mark.

ps. I've got a cheapo Palsonic LCD TV from Dick Smith... quality is crap and the menu interface is beyond usable. Then I bought a Samsung LCD tv and that just made me change the way I think about watching TV- i.e. I watch it a lot more now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)