5 Reasons why my Ipod is better than USU (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Why my* 30GB Phto Ipod is better than Universal Student Unionism.

1. My Ipod costs $499, USU costs $590.
2. My Ipod doesn't tell me before each song "This mp3 wouldn't be here without Apple".
3. My Ipod can store pictures of hot women in it. The Honi Soit has pictures of Rose Jackson.
4. My Ipod can entertain me on the bus to and from uni 5 days a week. The Honi Soit, as funny as it is, only does me for one trip.
5. My Ipod has a selection of music based on merit, rather than genre.

*please note that due to USU I was not able to actually buy an Ipod

Yes, I was bored. Feel free to add more.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I like the IPod Google ads that accompany this thread.

And yes waffy, you must be utterly bored. But somehow you are strangely amusing too.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Except for 3 which is just lame and ruins the whole piece.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
agreed except for #3 doesnt apply as id rather pictures of guys but i have a mini so it doesnt hold photos

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It's so true, though.

That said, Rose Jackson got in because guys considered her hot.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
1 reason why my Ipod is better than withoutaface:

I can turn it off, and it can't turn itself back on - and we are free from it's garbage FOREVER.

HSC
i pitty anyone who has to start a thread like this to alleviate boredom, you have my sincere condolensces justin(waf)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
withoutaface said:
Why my* 30GB Phto Ipod is better than Universal Student Unionism.

1. My Ipod costs $499, USU costs $590.
2. My Ipod doesn't tell me before each song "This mp3 wouldn't be here without Apple".
3. My Ipod can store pictures of hot women in it. The Honi Soit has pictures of Rose Jackson.
4. My Ipod can entertain me on the bus to and from uni 5 days a week. The Honi Soit, as funny as it is, only does me for one trip.
5. My Ipod has a selection of music based on merit, rather than genre.

*please note that due to USU I was not able to actually buy an Ipod

Yes, I was bored. Feel free to add more.
6. I didn't pay $499 of my Ipod only for me to use only 1/4 of it's features because the other 3/4 of the features were devoted to whinging minorities.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
yulia said:

I can turn it off, and it can't turn itself back on - and we are free from it's garbage FOREVER.
How much time, on average, would you say you spend bitching offline about me to people who don't really give a shit, whilst referring to me by my internet alias rather than my actual name, Julia?

Adam

HSC
I hate iPods, but:

Best thread ever! Go VSU, I'd rather buy an iPod a year then a group of whingers.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lol

this article "Why my ipod is better than a girlfriend" was reproduced in Tharunka (UNSW's equivalent of Honi Soit) cause it was so..controversial to the feminists

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Yes I'm bored... but more to the point, I want to exact revenge on the people who were hell bent on censoring Honi Soit- its our right to publish and read what we want dammit!!!!!! :mad:

“Why my iPod is better than a girlfriend”
by Spencer Harding

Recently I purchased an iPod. The first friend that I saw while strolling down Eastern Avenue after this fantastic occasion, having spotted my white earbuds immediately shouted “you got an iPod! You fat f*ck!” an kicked me in the shin.

I however, couldn’t have cared less… well other that, that is, the moment before where I was equally elated about my iPod ownership, and not in any pain.

The point is, however, that a feeling of joy and contentment had washed over me the moment I put those darling (ear)buds of may into my ears… the void in my life that I had until that point attributed to my lack of girlfriend, active social life, religion, visible career path o prospects was filled. Suddenly, I was complete. I had achieved a Zen-like calm and acceptance of the way things are… why? Because suddenly, things are great.

I’m not a materialistic person, the only things I ever get the urge to buy are books, computer parts… and chips with gravy at the Manning canteen, but that’s another story. However, somehow, this tiny box of digital joy makes me happy in ways that I have hitherto not experienced. This revelation led me to the question: is my iPod the perfect companion? Is it, in fact, better than a girlfriend?

Now, I don’t want anyone thinking that this in[sic] an indictment of my ex girlfriends. I still like them, all of them (not that that is saying much), in fact. I really do. Actually, if any of them are reading this, and feel like giving me a call – please do; as I’m sure you can guess from this article (or from first hand experience), I’m single at the moment.

Enough of that digression though. This isn’t supposed to be some sort of attempt to get me a girlfriend (Interested applicants please email SpankHoni@hotmail.com) it is, in fact, a serious study and comparison on the relative benefits of iPods and girlfriends.

Furthermore, any feminists wishing to complain about my “objectification” of women should know that the points in this article apply (for the most part) equally well to boyfriends/men – I’m an equal opportunity jerk. Besides; the fact is, I don’t view women as objects; they’re more like… commodities.

1. Now I, like many (but not enough) people am uncomfortable with PDA’s (Public Displays of Affection… I don’t have any problems with hand-held computers) mainly because I know how annoying to other people they are, especially when the “other people” is me, and “me” is single. In fact, this unwillingness to be expressive of my emotions may have lead to the early demise of some of my relationships. However, I have no problem with holding my iPod in public… or for that matter stroking, caressing or kissing it.

2. I have yet to meet a woman that can do a pitch perfect impression of the entire Wiener Philharmonkia [sic]

3. Show me a woman that can be switched from Kylie Minogue to Christina Aguilera.

4. Two words: Click Wheel. Click Wheels make everything better. You can invent a woman with a Click Wheel; you’ve got a better woman.

5. Design: Natural selection/God did a good job. Really, I’m very impressed with the results, love the whole “breasts” idea – truly inspired work… but nothing and no one can out-design the engineers at Apple

6. As time passes, iPods will have new features and capabilities. Girlfriends, however, have pretty much reached the limit of technical innovation.

7. My iPod doesn’t mind if I wake it up at 2am to play with it

8. Movies. Dinner. Theater. Opera. Bungy Jumping. Wherever you go together, you don’t have to pay to take your iPod with you.

9. It’s actually good for my iPod to wear either a skin tight latex suit or a form-fitting black leather number… all the time.

10. Sometimes, no matter how much you love someone, you need some “me” time. iPod is the essence of “me” time.

11. People on the street don’t bother you if you have earphones in your ears, plus it makes it really easy to be an uncaring jerk if they do. In front of a girlfriend however, you have to be sympathetic, so that they’ll be fooled into thinking you’re actually a nice guy.

12. No matter how big their handbags are, girlfriends just can’t be used to transfer 40gb of files from one computer to another.

13. Just try putting your girlfriend in your pocket.

14. You can’t pause, rewind, fas-forward, mute or sort your girlfriend in easy to use categories.

15. You can’t buy an AppleCare extended warranty for relationships.

16. Stamina: with its 4th generation battery, my iPod can go for 12 hours straight.

17. If you use someone else’s iPod, no one gets hurt.

18. iPod users are a special group… When we see the white ear-phones, we like to give each other “ahh, you have an iPod, too” nods and smiles as we pass each other in the street. It’s somewhat disconcerting, however, if a guy gives you that smile-and-nod after seeing your girlfriend.

19. Girlfriends don’t come with a remote control.

20. You can have as many iPods as you want. You can have them at the same time. You can have them hanging upside down. You can have them on a plant, train, bus, care, coffee table or Falafel wagon… the possibilities are endless.

21. Backlight: because sometimes it’s dark.

22. I know exactly which buttons to push on my iPod, and I can touch them whenever I like…

23. Believe it or not, my iPod has, on occasion (thought manners that I will not explain… I need every advantage I can get…), helped me to “pick up”… Girlfriends, on the other hand, tend to be a hindrance to such activity.

24. People like to say to me (in a sage, “Just call me Socrates” kind of way) “Ahh, but you cannot sleep with your iPod!”… Well, the fact is, you can! It even has an alarm clock built in for such a purpose… If however, you’re talking about the “fun in your pants” kind of sleeping with… Well, changes are, right now, somewhere, someone is working on an accessory.

One final note, before I go; I’m not suggesting that iPods and girlfriends are incompatible. (On the contrary, girlfriends can be like a really good iPod accessory.. well except for the fact that you can’t really listen to your iPod while your girlfriend is around – it’s antisocial) I would love to have both at the same time. That would be the best possible situation. It’s every man’s fantasy. What I am saying though, is that if it comes down to it, pick the iPod… it’s the choice you won’t regret.

reproduced from Honi Soit, the publication of the Students Representative Council of the University of Sydney, 5th April 2005, pg 23.

Any feminists out there that don't like this - too bad. :D

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Seeing as we are on the internet, I refer to you by your internet name, derrrrrr.

I have better things to do than bitch about you in real life, because I actually have friends who like me and we do stuff together! Do you know what that's like (and I don't mean, invite yourself to join, or ask to join, when THEY ask YOU to join because they actually WANT you around). And if you really think you could've gotten away with attempting to kiss me on the pub crawl night and still kept all your teeth, you are severely wrong. Tom didn't get away with it. Nick didn't get away with it. You certainly, certainly would not have got away with it. Nor would you have remained in the bar either.

So while you think your arrogant arseholism is amusing, if you try to enact it to a degree that is wrong, there will be people who won't accept it. So anything that is said about you, you wholeheartedly deserve.

So now let's see if my reason for why my ipod is better than you is correct.
If I press your off button *presses withoutaface's off button* will you SHUT THE FUCK UP NOW?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
o_O why does waffy always entail controversies + trouble =(

@yulia: OMG r u actaully chinky?!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
yulia said:
Seeing as we are on the internet, I refer to you by your internet name, derrrrrr.
That's funny, I've been told you do it offline as well.

yulia said:
I have better things to do than bitch about you in real life, because I actually have friends who like me and we do stuff together! Do you know what that's like (and I don't mean, invite yourself to join, or ask to join, when THEY ask YOU to join because they actually WANT you around).
You mean like that time Louise, Nick etc asked if I wanted to go to the Easter show with them? Or when i got asked if I wanted to come to a rave in manly with them? I believe I do, yes.
yulia said:
And if you really think you could've gotten away with attempting to kiss me on the pub crawl night and still kept all your teeth, you are severely wrong. Tom didn't get away with it. Nick didn't get away with it. You certainly, certainly would not have got away with it. Nor would you have remained in the bar either.

So while you think your arrogant arseholism is amusing, if you try to enact it to a degree that is wrong, there will be people who won't accept it. So anything that is said about you, you wholeheartedly deserve.

So now let's see if my reason for why my ipod is better than you is correct.
If I press your off button *presses withoutaface's off button* will you SHUT THE FUCK UP NOW?
Me shut the fuck up? If I recall you're always the one taking pot shots. Seriously, grow up and get the fuck over it.

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
amusing, though i can see some stealing off the ol' "chocolate is better than girlfriend" article. kids, could you please stop fighting.

Rorix

HSC
yulia said:

Why you coming in a guy's thread just to hate on him? :confused:

I mean if you don't like him, whatever, but tracking him all over BoS to put his business out there in the street like that?

I don't even know dude and i think there's no reason for you to go out and get your bitch act on, on the internet

now, tell me that ain't insecure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)