< 70 atar ? (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
don't know why I'm sharing this, but yeh just wanna see who else got around this mark and see how we could give any advice to future students on avioding these shit marks.
Aslong as its not cliche statements involving studying, please post advice. If you didnt study and didn't do well then its kind of your own fault, but if you have any other advice im sure all 10/11ers would like to hear it.

Jacob1991

HSC
it's not about how many hours u study.. it's about how efficiently u do it. So IMHO, it is better to study in full concentration for 1 hour than to study while listening to music/surfing the net for 5-6 hours.

And also dont be a perfectionist during the HSC year - i was one.. and wasted tonnsss of time. Do as much as u can in one go (esp. in English) and come back to edit it later.

Write your english stuff ASAP, then set it aside for like 4 days - 1 week before editing it - it's some psychological thing...

Finally (and this may not apply to many people) listening to music and doing ext 1/2 maths DOES NOT WORK! I've tried to do some 4U integration while listening to music - i just end up being side tracked or begin to work at an insanely slow rate. However, there has been quite reliable scientific research stating that music enhances efficiency, but i think that only applies if u're doing low-gear work like doing differentiation if u're a 4U student :p

Finally, and most importantly! Health >>>> Everything else!!! And i dont just mean physical health, but mental health as well - so try to relax the night before an exam ( of couse cramming works for many others too)

And best of luck in the HSC next year :D

philphie

Banned
HSC
if you are cramming work in 50 minute hours, 10 minutes rest for ever hour,

although if you do this after 2am make sure you are confident you will not fall asleep!!!!

use your teachers as much as you can.

i never did this but from seeing others do it, marks are NEGOTIABLE!!!!

if you're a prick you will fight for a better mark that you did not deserve

HSC
Uni Grad
If you ever have a slight bit of motivation to study, DO IT. Even if you've just done 4 hours, if you still have a slight bit of desire left to, dont do something else. There will (highly likely) be times where you get really opposed to the idea of study, and what's worse is they like to come in big blocks of multiple days or worse.

Bottom line, if you feel like studying, gogogogogogogo!

HSC
dude just get over it, you made threads based on how bad it is. I'm not being mean coz i really do feel for ya.

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
diddums.

Try harder next time.

I could have gotten better and I blame myself alone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)