70 WAM. Easy or difficult? (1 Viewer)

migoi

HSC
HD average is insanely hard, for all those that manage it *bows head*. People seem to think mathematics is a WAM booster, or are referring to first year. IMO getting 70 WAM first year is easy and that slowly diminishes as you progress to second, third, etc.

For maths, it could be because I'm hopeless at it but second year maths onwards (depending on which subjs) is quite difficulty and I would say deflates your WAM.

kooltrainer

HSC
I know this girl who has 92 wam for civil engineering.. rite now, shes gots elite student scholarship over summer vacation and requires her to do this civil research thing with another lecturer where they discuss everyday and learn about thesis and stuff.. what u guys think?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say for Commerce, I put in minimal effort for first half but then put in quite a bit towards the end finishing up with a 74 WAM. Yes it annoys me I could've tried just a little bit harder to get a D average but it's not the be-all/end-all.

migoi

HSC
Really depends on what you want. If you just want a graduate job at the end of your degree(s) then doing well until your penultimate year would suffice.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
On the other end of the scale, I know someone with a WAM of 12.

HSC
N/A
On the other end of the scale, I know someone with a WAM of 12.
I heard of a guy whose transcript had marks of 0,0,0,1,0,0 for a WAM of 0.167. There are lots of drop-outs with WAMS of zero, but getting a nonzero WAM less than one takes real skill.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
although i got D's in all the courses I only really feel confident I can actually 'teach' cven1300. 2301 was ok but it clashed with my shit so couldn't do that :(

wbu

kooltrainer

HSC
U dont really teach, u jus tutor.. the tutors i had when i did those courses just stood back, relax, copy answers from sheet onto blackboard..

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
since i'm doing science, i'll only talk about it
HD is pretty easy in some subjects (maths lol) if you actually try (srsly in sem 1, i rly stuffed up linear algebra and thought i was gonna get like C, but ended up with HD)
something like psych, cramming does the job imo
bio, reasonable
chem, pretty hard imo

so it rly depends on the subject and what you are good at

but to get 85+ WAM, need to work pretty consistently

Monsterman

HSC
I'm doing comm/maths (actl,fins).. and was sort of half thinking of doing law.. I had an atar of 98 so I only needed 70 wam.. I sorta lazed back and got fucked by the maths cause I didnt keep up to date... and got a wam of 69.. just keep up to date and work hard.

loler

HSC
70 WAM is not that easy to maintain even for commerce cos if u fuck up just one or two subjects it makes it much for harder. Also uni subjects usually have alot of content and the weeks fly so if you fall behind, forget about catching up. All those people saying oh i just bummed around whole semester and got 75/80, you guys probably studied your ass off for the whole semester, its easy to say you didnt do shit now. You need to take all assessments seriously, put in great effort, do HW attend all lectures, do readings, summaries etc to do well.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
im beginning to think 70 wam is pretty fking hard for comm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)