A few questions from an interstate student (1 Viewer)

Winn

HSC
I am a Yr. 12 from SA, and I want to go to NSW or Vic to do engineering. =D
A bit of confusion now:
1. I know that English is compulsory in both Vic and NSW. Does this mean without English I cannot get a UAI, even if English is not compulsory in SA?
2. If the answer for the above question is yes, then does English have to count in your UAI, even if you have more than 10 units, and achieve better in all other subjects? If you do, does it have to be the top 4?:jedi:
3. All the ENTER/UAI/TER conversion tables which I have seen are saying that the ranking systems are equivalent in the 3 states. Does this mean if I get a TER of 98, say, that would be a 98 UAI?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. =D

Xcelz

HSC
A bit of confusion now:
1. I know that English is compulsory in both Vic and NSW. Does this mean without English I cannot get a UAI, even if English is not compulsory in SA?
2. If the answer for the above question is yes, then does English have to count in your UAI, even if you have more than 10 units, and achieve better in all other subjects? If you do, does it have to be the top 4?:jedi:
3. All the ENTER/UAI/TER conversion tables which I have seen are saying that the ranking systems are equivalent in the 3 states. Does this mean if I get a TER of 98, say, that would be a 98 UAI?

Here is a little bit about education in NSW.

1. UAI is now being called ATAR. (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank - I think)
2. English is mandatory even if you are not applying for an ATAR.
3. English is the only course that definitely counts towards your ATAR.
4. If you have more than 10 units or achieve better than in all other subjects, English still counts towards your ATAR regardless.

SATAC UniWeb 2009

The above website has the conversion from SA TER --> NSW UAI. (So yes 98 TER = 98 UAI)
Remember that UAI is now moving to ATAR.
So check this website out for the conversion of UAI --> ATAR.

http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar/ATAR-Conversion-Table.pdfhttp://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar/ATAR-Conversion-Table.pdf

So you will not be disadvantaged for not having studied English in year 12.
As TER is converted to UAI/ATAR.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
A bit of confusion now:

1. no you should be fine, you wont have to do english unless u are doing the HSC in nsw
3. Yes i'd say so

Winn

HSC
OH!!!
That's sweet :):haha::haha:. although I am taking English this year because I thought I had to...but never mind that, I am so happy I don't have to count English in my TER.
If I was to do HSC I would be STUFFED. SA I LOVE YOU.:haha::haha::haha:
And thank you so much everyone =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)