A Good Way To Learn Mandarin At Home? (1 Viewer)

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Mandarin is a very difficult language to master, and it may take more than one university break to achieve even basic competency. But it really depends; do you want to achieve oral fluency or writing/reading fluency? The former will take long, but the latter is akin to offering your soul to the devil.

Tasteless

HSC
canto is an abomination of a language
tbh jap is the only halfway okay sounding azn lang, korean isnt totally awful though I guess...

regardless of language:
Vocab - memrise.com (not sure how it works with langs with different symbols to our keyboards though)
pronunciation - forvo.com
grammar/syntax - wiki, various books and/or websites

when you get more proficient and can actually say things lang-8.com

HSC
Uni Grad
ah wow. Learning mandarin aye? :)

Good job. Thing is, if you want to learn mandarin, I suggest you learn it as soon as possible, because if you learn it earlier, there is a higher chance that your mandarin skills will retain, rather than learning it later.

JustDance

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
ah wow. Learning mandarin aye? :)

Good job. Thing is, if you want to learn mandarin, I suggest you learn it as soon as possible, because if you learn it earlier, there is a higher chance that your mandarin skills will retain, rather than learning it later.
I'd put your avatar pic as reply to this if I could

BlueBerrySun

Banned
HSC
The best way to learn a language is to surround yourself with the people who speak it. Or you can buy some lessons online, which quite often aren't that effective as they make it out to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)