a helping hand? (1 Viewer)

glassy eyes

HSC
HEY!

Doing scool cert. this year and stressin out is an understatement..:speechless:
Anyone with any hints, tips and advise> it would be awesome!
Wen do u start studyin?

Please help me out>>

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
You want some serious advice?
DON'T STRESS, I know everybody probobly keeps saying that but it's true.
I stressed Soooooo much last year and it only makes it worse, honest.
and i know people especially on these froums keep saying it doesn't count for anything, i know last year when i read them all i was thinking 'yeah right' it really isn't worth stressing over. I got 2 jobs this year and neither of them looked at my SC results (and one of those jobs is tutoring!!), doing work experience is more important then a major exam, i know i didn't believe it either untill it happened.
:read: In my SC i did better in my last few exams because i walked in calmed and confident instead of all over the place, shaking and stressing out like i was in my first few.

So what you need to do is :fish:1. Talk to your best friend and/or year advisor and/or teacher you can trust and talk about why your stressed and get help structuring some study plans. :fish:2. study, but not too much, all you really need to do is past papers and finish all your homework for class and maybe some revision. :fish:3. start studying before trials. :fish:4. talk to somebody who did it last year. :fish:5. DO NOT WORRY. :fish:6. I like fish.

hope this helps. :)

klaris

HSC
Okay, think of the SC like this: a teeny, tiny stepping stone that is just something in the way of senior schooling. Cos that's all it is.

First up, DON'T STRESS. Really, there's no use stressing about it because if you're stressing even now when the SC is months and months away, then good luck in year eleven and especially year twelve dealing with exams every few months and not to mention the on-going in-class assessments and constant essays you'll be given as well as reading material for English...

All I'm saying is, learn to relax and manage stress because you'll do far better in the senior school if you master that now.

Another thing, the SC is designed so 99% of kids pass, so think of it that way. You'll be spoon-fed the answers in class and everything. Don't sweat it. Have fun, bludge, go out constantly, do nothing in class. This is your last year of being able to get away with doing that passing.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Wen do u start studyin?
5 hours before the exam is adequate time.. in fact, no study in itself will get you 85+

rach18

HSC
Uni Grad
Seriously relax, I had to help year 10 last year when I was in year 9 because they had problems reading the SC and I basically had to read every question including maths and it was the easiest shit ever. Like I couldn't believe how basic everything was. So just stop stressing and study like the week before or whatever..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)