• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A little tip for studying... (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Well, for those who are not already doing it:

I find going to a local library to study is a very effective method.

Look at me, for the days that I've been sitting at home. I get distracted soooo often! eg, got glued onto the computer screen

Yesterday, I went to the library to study. I realised that, even though I've been talking to friends every now and then. I still have accomplished more than I normally would!

I guess it's because everyone's studying there and that you are in spirit to do so as well.

Good luck everyone!

arls

even better, go to a library where u don't know ppl, ive found the same that the library environment helps to study... but if you dont even have friends to distract you get absolutely STACKS done. I get about 6 hours of steady study done each library visit, then can come home and relax talk to friends on the phone etc.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I go without my friends, get a lot done. Can't study at home, too much to take my attention.

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
im not a huge fan of libraries, but go to obscure quiet libraries where you know no one and have no chance of meetin anyone u know...thats good for me
like i went to uts lib the other day...was good

Chookus

HSC
libraries i think that would work.. but i think i would get distracted if shops were down the road.. pplus i would find another book to read.. but thats just me

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
yeah i've just been on a study camp - it was so good, you see all the people around you working and it makes you really work harder!
in 32 hours of study i read 2.5 english novels, 5 maths papers, nearly all of the Success One Chemistry and Biology questions, 4hrs of group study on king lear/frontline, and 2 Ag papers!! gooooo study camp!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
my local library sucks in the holidays, they run programs for kids,so theres a few hundred primary skoolers running around making as much noise as possible *grr* and i cant go to the state library or anything because its like 2.5 hrs each way...i dont think so!

Last edited:

crazylilmonkee

HSC
yeah libraries are pretty good except when they're located inside a shopping mall!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yes. Shopping mall libraries destroy and sense of seperation from potential distractions. Hence University or State library.

This may strike you as strange, but becasue my house is extremely large and openly planned I have nowhere to work. So I took a very big table and put it in our garage. Now I have my own large, cool study area where nobody goes and disturbs me. It's very good if I can't get out of the house but still feel like getting something done.

Chookus

HSC
Originally posted by ballerinabarbie
yeah i've just been on a study camp - it was so good, you see all the people around you working and it makes you really work harder!
in 32 hours of study i read 2.5 english novels, 5 maths papers, nearly all of the Success One Chemistry and Biology questions, 4hrs of group study on king lear/frontline, and 2 Ag papers!! gooooo study camp!

i heard study camps were good....

s2ophie

HSC
i went to my local library today. it turns out all the local bums go to the library on saturday mornings and do the crossword!

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
hahah yeah totalli agree..at home i just stay on bored all day and eat all day and watch useless shows lyk jerry springer alll day..........i will do all of that even if i have an exam tomoz..i have no self discipline wotsoever...hahha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)