A tutor scammed me (1 Viewer)

HSC
Yeah, reason I suggest that is because I doubt his mother is part of this scam (if it is one). And his mother instead, would be understanding, and hopefully refund you back herself. Just explain your situation to her!

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Had my share of dodgy tutors on BoS...

Back when I did chemistry, had this tutor who looked at the watch like every five minutes and I felt really uncomfortable asking him questions... always judging me. And in the middle of explaining something, when he noticed our hour (or more) was up, he'd stop explaining and start packing up!! WHATT.

So I stuck with this tutor for 2-3 months. I texted him a day before for a lesson, politely reminding him of our scheduled time. He replied, and as quoted "Can't tutor you anymore. Too busy." I didn't even bother replying lol. It was a time when I hd a 30% assessment due for Chemistry then.. TT---TT But luckily I met the best tutor afterwards and I've been with her since (switched subjects tho, I dropped chemistry haha)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I think the best way to get over the situation is just let go of it. Its only a small amount of money and not worth the trouble. Also OP, ask your parents if they can pay for your tutoring.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
I think the best way to get over the situation is just let go of it. Its only a small amount of money and not worth the trouble. Also OP, ask your parents if they can pay for your tutoring.
ARE YOU KIDDING, $100 is like an year's worth of savings for me!

HSC
I personally think, you shouldn't let this go. Don't let this person do this to you, no person should be treated like this! This amount of money is probably precious to you since it's your own pocket money, are you just going to let it go easily and lose your money? Unless you're rich, then idk, let it go, there's plenty of more cash to spend on

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Also, be wary of the Roy guy that tutors English. Strawberrye, enigma and I had pree shitty experiences with that guy (his obviously skilled in English but his attitude is most probably beyond help)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
yeah he's dodge

dingodog

HSC
Regarding his issue. Have you tried speaking to his mother? Because I assume his mother will tell him off big time, and that will make him (reluctantly) give you a full refund??
i gave him my parents bank details and he said he'll do the transfer either late tonight of tmwr morning. If i dont see anything, i will be prompted to drive to his house and have a chat with hime or his ex tutor teacher "fizzy"

HSC
Just remember to stay calm and not raise your voice, you have done nothing wrong. Also be really polite,

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I think there's probably some miscommunication here. I don't think a uni student would put their credibility on the line and get in this mess for the sake of an extra 50 bucks.

Tbh i dont think you have been scammed at all. 50 bucks for a 2 hour lesson is fair game. And 50 bucks as a deposit-like amount for notes is reasonable. Because yes, its very highly plausible for students to bail with notes after their first trial

dingodog

HSC
I think there's probably some miscommunication here. I don't think a uni student would put their credibility on the line and get in this mess for the sake of an extra 50 bucks.

Tbh i dont think you have been scammed at all. 50 bucks for a 2 hour lesson is fair game. And 50 bucks as a deposit-like amount for notes is reasonable. Because yes, its very highly plausible for students to bail with notes after their first trial
i do not intend to bash him for him to lose his credibility ect. All i want is my money back, nothing more, nothing less. The hand at matter is his poor work ethic towards tutoring students and his responsibility all of which are misleading towards his appealing adds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)