• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Abortion debate (1 Viewer)

Abortion debate

• Abortion illegalised

Votes: 51 19.8%
  • Tougher laws

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Keep current laws

Votes: 155 60.1%
  • don't care

Votes: 17 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
We're all aware of Australia's scungier peoples- supre whores, westies and such.

It is for these sorts of people that abortion exists, for not only are they most susceptible to unwanted pregnancy, they would spawn only another supre whore, westie etc.

Abolishing abortion would see our great country overrun by the less-desirable people our society has to offer.

K

katie_tully

leetom said:
We're all aware of Australia's scungier peoples- supre whores, westies and such.

It is for these sorts of people that abortion exists, for not only are they most susceptible to unwanted pregnancy, they would spawn only another supre whore, westie etc.

Abolishing abortion would see our great country overrun by the less-desirable people our society has to offer.
Your information is based on what exactly, bullshit you found in the tread of your sneaker?

The majority of abortions are undertaken by married women in their thirties, many of whom already have children. Professional, well educated women. Not these supre whores as you so eloquently put it.

It is a well documented fact that more teenagers are having babies these days, than they are abortions.

I suggest you take your ill-informed self elsewhere.

leetom

HSC
katie_tully said:
Your information is based on what exactly, bullshit you found in the tread of your sneaker?

The majority of abortions are undertaken by married women in their thirties, many of whom already have children. Professional, well educated women. Not these supre whores as you so eloquently put it.

It is a well documented fact that more teenagers are having babies these days, than they are abortions.

I suggest you take your ill-informed self elsewhere.
None of us know who is having the abortions, thats why Ron Boswell and Tony Abbott have requested a inquiry be carried out into just what the abortion statistics are.

the number and percentage of abortions, data on age, income, marital status, number of current children, previous abortions and reason for abortion are all apparantly unclear.

I'm a well-to-do HSC student, I will talk down supre whores, westies and TAFE students whenever I have the oppurtunity.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

leetom said:
None of us know who is having the abortions, thats why Ron Boswell and Tony Abbott have requested a surbey be carried out into just what the abortion statistics are.

the number and percentage of abortions, data on age, income, marital status, number of current children, previous abortions and reason for abortion are all apparantly unclear.

I'm a well-to-do student, I will talk down supre whores, westies and TAFE students whenever I have the oppurtunity.
The statistics are there, they know the statistics.

If they didn't, they wouldnt have made the comment about "mature women being so silly as to get pregnant willy nilly".

I suggest you do your research...But then again, you're listening to what Boswell and Abott say...so maybe it's a hopeless project.

leetom

HSC
If the statistics are there why is Boswell asking for them?

The 'willy nilly' comment is not National Party policy. At least I hope not.

K

katie_tully

Boswell is asking for statistics, because like the rest of the ignorant population, he doesn't believe that teenagers only make up a small amount of all abortions undertaken.
A teenager has a child every three days in Australia.

Your generalisation of those who have abortions is both stupid and unfounded.

Boswell and Abott think if they can heap the abortion debate onto the immaturity of teenagers decisions, that they'll have a case, so of course they're going to clutch and straws.
Keep in mind their main basis for argument is purely religiously based, and they're only interested in keeping their moral belief system superior over the rights of women.

leetom

HSC
At least its not the rubbish she was full of during the election campaign.

K

katie_tully

Asquithian said:
I believe he was be facetious.
Don't undo your good posts by being led down the garden path.
I demand a cookie if he is being serious though.

leetom

HSC
katie_tully said:
Boswell is asking for statistics, because like the rest of the ignorant population, he doesn't believe that teenagers only make up a small amount of all abortions undertaken.
A teenager has a child every three days in Australia.

Your generalisation of those who have abortions is both stupid and unfounded
No government research into abortion has been conducted, at the moment we only have minute findings provided by a small number of women's groups, and thats hardly credible.

Whatever Boswell and Abott hope to prove from research, it must be conducted for the sake of accurate statistics.

I don't believe that an Australian teenager is having a child every three days, that's not true. We are more sensible than that.

leetom

HSC
katie_tully said:
I demand a cookie if he is being serious though.
You know that feeling you get when you see year 10 leavers in the street? That feeling of superiority? I had that when I made that comment.

K

katie_tully

Accurate statistics that are going to what? Prove women have abortions?

The more I think about it, the less I feel this should have anything to do with the age of the person undertaking the abortion. But unfortunately, that's their half arsed argument as to why abortions need to be banned.

I'm not convinced it ever will be made illegal, because I can only imagine the fiasco it would cause.

leetom

HSC
I'm enjoying the debate, seeing the Christians huff and puff, but there is no threat to the current law.

K

katie_tully

leetom said:
I'm enjoying the debate, seeing the Christians huff and puff, but there is no threat to the current law.
Interesting to see the reaction of these very same people if a right of theirs was questioned and a ban proposed.

musik_junky

HSC
Many pro abortion people on this board keep mentioning rape victims, but what they fail to mention is that out of the people who get abortions, only a very small percentage would have been raped. How many people are raped in Australia each year? How many people get abortions? There...

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
This society has more than enough features available to protect and up-bring children in such situations, and the child should be given every oppurtunity to break out of the poverty cycle. Education is free, and compulsory. The chances of themselves not being poor, are very good.
But how dare you interfere (ie say abortion is wrong) with a persons individual freedom to make and spend money?

People who have less kids than others are more likely to be more wealthy. The economic environment in which we live does not encourage people to have lots of children because kids cost money.

As you well know education these days is becoming more and more user pays. $ often play a large part in the level of education your child recieves.

Last edited:
It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
thaoroxy2001 said:
.isn't it weird that the ppl who want tougher laws for abortions like Tony abbot are nearly all males?....that's crap! do they ever have to carry babies? do they have to go through 9 months of pregnancy?do they have to experience child birth?...NOOO!
You're right. they have to deal with complaints like that for 30-odd years until the woman lets the child become entirely autonymous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)