• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Abortion (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
see the violence inherent in the system

you cant silence the voice of three and a half billion oppressed women
You are trivializing an extremely serious issue and frankly it's not clever, it's not funny and it's in appalling taste.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
You are trivializing an extremely serious issue and frankly it's not clever, it's not funny and it's in appalling taste.
yes, quite right. subjugating women is serious business and best left to the professionals. tally ho and sally forth, lentern.

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
Why do people like you think that deliberately misinterpreting someone is clever?

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Why do people like you think that deliberately misinterpreting someone is clever?
i wasn't deliberately misinterpreting you br8. superfluous? maybe. deceitful? not at all.

why do people like you think that others are deliberately misinterpreting them, and not consider the ugly alternative?

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
i wasn't deliberately misinterpreting you br8. superfluous? maybe. deceitful? not at all.

why do people like you think that others are deliberately misinterpreting them, and not consider the ugly alternative?
We both understood what the other was doing perfectly, you can pretend otherwise but you know the truth.

K

khorne

It isn't, though. Not when there's real world consequences for the father. If a father does not want a child, and he has taken all contraceptive precautions (apart from getting a vasectomy) in order to prevent it from happening, why should he have to take care of it because his female partner decides to keep it? Should there not be some sort of way that a man can opt out of the child's life?

Right now you're saying that a woman can get a dude to get her pregnant and then force him to pay her child support + extra costs for the entirety of the child's life because he has no say in whether he should raise a child or not.
This. Both man and woman should have a say.
Guess what sunshine

Life ain't fair, it has consequences

if you don't want any chance of kids, don't have sex

If you don't trust the 99.9% pill and the 99% condom success rate, then guess what, you might as well drop out of uni, go home, hug your toaster and the TV and pray to all the gods that the world doesn't end tomorrow. Life is full of risks, knowing when to take a calculated and safe one is part of it.

It is unethical and illegal to force anyone to do something against their will. Additionally, it is damaging to the person, especially mentally. How is it ethical to force someone to go through emotional stress and a medical procedure just because you wanted a quick bang? Her body, her decision. Your body, your decision. Don't stick it in, if you can't cop it.

EDIT:

All I'm saying is, to think you are entitled in some way to risk free or unobligated sex is incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Memento-mori

HSC
I'm for abortion. I think people who are "pro-life" really underestimate the hardships of pregnancy. Yes, the baby can get adopted. But the woman who goes through this pregnancy will have to watch her own health go out of control, go through sometimes very severe financial and emotional hardships, and the whole time, she is expected by society to not drink alcohol, smoke or do anything that might harm the baby. Plus, after the baby is born, post-natal depression, as well as vaginal damage may occur.

And say if you are a young female at university or high school and you get pregnant. People ARE going to look at you, judge you, yell at you 'slut'. Imagine if your baby was the result of a drunk night, a sexual assault, a bad relationship, abuse, etc. Imagine being reminded of that for 9 months, and quite possibly the rest of your life.

People who are against abortion heavily romantise the pregnancy process. Not only is it physically rough, but mentally, devestating at times. It is horrible that people are even against condoms, the morning after pill, etc. When a woman has a kid, there is never a 100% guarantee that she is going to love it.

I often hear this argument- 'people should only get abortion if they were raped' which is very stupid and naive. So an abortion centre is full of only rape victims? (oh the creepy guys that is going to attract) Woman won't accuse their stupid boyfriends for not wearing a condom for rape? Resulting in more legal costs, and eventual emotional harm. It can take months for someone to be declared guilty, and by that time, an abortion may not be physically safe for the woman. As a female myself, and the thought of my sister or my friends experiencing pregnancy because they weren't allowed an abortion really makes me so sad, as they couldn't handle it, no one possibly can, and no one should be expected to.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm for abortion. I think people who are "pro-life" really underestimate the hardships of pregnancy. Yes, the baby can get adopted. But the woman who goes through this pregnancy will have to watch her own health go out of control, go through sometimes very severe financial and emotional hardships, and the whole time, she is expected by society to not drink alcohol, smoke or do anything that might harm the baby. Plus, after the baby is born, post-natal depression, as well as vaginal damage may occur.

And say if you are a young female at university or high school and you get pregnant. People ARE going to look at you, judge you, yell at you 'slut'. Imagine if your baby was the result of a drunk night, a sexual assault, a bad relationship, abuse, etc. Imagine being reminded of that for 9 months, and quite possibly the rest of your life.

People who are against abortion heavily romantise the pregnancy process. Not only is it physically rough, but mentally, devestating at times. It is horrible that people are even against condoms, the morning after pill, etc. When a woman has a kid, there is never a 100% guarantee that she is going to love it.

I often hear this argument- 'people should only get abortion if they were raped' which is very stupid and naive. So an abortion centre is full of only rape victims? (oh the creepy guys that is going to attract) Woman won't accuse their stupid boyfriends for not wearing a condom for rape? Resulting in more legal costs, and eventual emotional harm. It can take months for someone to be declared guilty, and by that time, an abortion may not be physically safe for the woman. As a female myself, and the thought of my sister or my friends experiencing pregnancy because they weren't allowed an abortion really makes me so sad, as they couldn't handle it, no one possibly can, and no one should be expected to.
If you are not ready to be pregnant, you are not ready to have sex.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Just because FTM transsexuals can get pregnant doesn't mean that men can get pregnant

Memento-mori

HSC
If you are not ready to be pregnant, you are not ready to have sex.
I'd say that if you are not ready to deal with the consequences of having sex, you are not ready to have sex. If one of the ways of 'dealing with pregnancy' is an abortion, then that's okay with me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)