• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Accelerate in biology? (1 Viewer)

esiotrot

HSC
I'm in quite the dilemma here. My school has given me the opportunity to accelerate in biology on account of me having done the course before in another country. However, if I were to accelerate, I would need to join the year 12 biology class which happens to be the same time as my economics class. Basically, I would have to drop economics to accelerate in biology. However, if I drop economics I would have to pick up a random subject like modern history that I'll just drop in year 12.

My subjects right now are:
3u math
3u english
Chemistry
Physics
Economics

loaves

HSC
Have a look at the economics HSC syllabus. If it's a subject that you think you would really enjoy/do well in, I would definitely keep it. If you have a genuine interest, follow current economic news, and can fully understand the concepts, then eco is pretty easy to get a B6 in.

However if you're not that invested in eco, take the opportunity to accelerate, get an awesome mark and make your HSC workload lighter. :)

(Another idea is that you could do prelim economics through distance education, and then move into the year 12 eco class after the biology HSC? Maybe your school would work with you on this.)

Dylanamali

HSC
accelerate at all costs!
accelerating is one of the best opportunities,
you should be able to band 6 biology.. BECAUSE it's the only subject you have to take seriously for that whole year! how could you not put in the effort to attain a 90, if not 93+ mark.

Secondly, if you accelerate then you'll free up time for next year where you will only have to worry about 8 units.
Overall win, win. Accelerate at all costs!

Dylanamali

HSC
btw you listed that your doing 12 unit atm.. + biology = 14 units??
if your doing 14 units why not just completely drop eco and not pick up modern.. then you'll still be 12 units.

3u maths, 3u eng, phys, chem, bio.

Do HSC for bio this year.

Then next year only worry about 10 units: 3u maths, 3u eng, phys, chem OR you can drop phys or chem and only worry about 8 units

esiotrot

HSC
My school said that I would need to have 12 units of Year 11 classes on top of my 2 units of accelerated biology. I have no idea why...

The thing is, I kind of want to do 4u english and 4u math next year so I want to get rid of some work first. However, that would mean dealing with one year of some random subject that I'm not too interested in.

Coookies

HSC
Accelerate, it'll make HSC a lot easier for you. I wish I could do it but my school doesn't have it.

Alkanes

HSC
Accelerate if you're able to catch up from last term's work because remember that yr 12 started last year in term 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)