Accelerated Maths? (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Does everybody get to do accelerated maths at your schools? At mine you have to come top 30 to be allowed to do accelerated.
I personally asked if acceleration was available. Only some students have ever actually been asked (although one of the students is in year 9 now and started last year... smarter than me or most people on this site by far. He can be prepared for 100 uai, definitely).

You would want to be very good at maths to accelerate because in doing so you HAVE to attempt the 4u maths course (not finish), but at least attempt it because it prevents just any old joe blo from doing acceleration.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Does everybody get to do accelerated maths at your schools? At mine you have to come top 30 to be allowed to do accelerated.
Nope. Acceleration is offered to ~ 10 people in Year 9 to accelerate the school certificate. Then we worked on accelerating the 2U course in Year 10 (however I decided not to sit the HSC at the last minute) and then a few more people are allowed to accelerate 2U in Year 11, while the original accelerants are allowed to accelerate the 3U course.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Nope. Acceleration is offered to ~ 10 people in Year 9 to accelerate the school certificate. Then we worked on accelerating the 2U course in Year 10 (however I decided not to sit the HSC at the last minute) and then a few more people are allowed to accelerate 2U in Year 11, while the original accelerants are allowed to accelerate the 3U course.
That sounds like a good plan. I might suggest something similar to my school... I will quote you! And your school.... What's the school?

I like that idea.

jet

Banned
HSC
It doesn't happen at our school. My maths teacher in year ten threw it out to me one day about 1/2-3/4 of the way through the year, and I basically crapped myself. Next thing i knew i was in the curriculum coordinator's office working it out. He did say i could choose a different subject e.g chem or physics, but I just did maths.

If I could go back in time i would do maths and physics, as i didn't know music and physics would be on the same line, which sucks. Its been a tough and trying yet amazing experience that i am thrilled to have experienced.

Brontecat

HSC
i'm doing accelerated - but mines sorta different to everyone elses

im just doing advanced maths but in one year which means i have twice as many maths lessons everyweek (10 as opposed to 5)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

im just doing advanced maths but in one year which means i have twice as many maths lessons everyweek (10 as opposed to 5)
Oh, good luck!

That should be pretty tough but I am sure you will be able to do it.

:)

rolror88

HSC
N/A

This sounds like what our school is doing too, but I think in year 12, we're going to have a lot of morning lessons.

h3ll h0und

HSC
i want to do accelerated maths or accelerated chemistry.....school is going so slow...its so boring.

Brontecat

HSC
Oh, good luck!

That should be pretty tough but I am sure you will be able to do it.

:)
thanks, and thanks for ur reply to my personal message - i'm not rlly too good at maths so i'm only doing advanced, i find 3 unit too big to do

Shez Doxy

HSC
accelerated maths for the WIN.
it's a great trial run for what to expect the next year.
and you know you will do well because why else would you be there in the first place?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)