• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ACCESS Members - SMH Subscriptions (1 Viewer)

noddis911

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey does anybody know when our Access membership complementary SMH subscriptions start? I signed up for the 7 day home delivery and haven't started receiving it yet, so I was just wondering around when to expect it...

CrackerMo

HSC
N/A
I started getting my papers after about 1 and a half weeks after I ordered.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well, if new students haven't started receiving it yet, then I guess the newspapers I'm still receiving are from last year's.

From memory, the person at O-Week said that I'd start receiving them in 1.5 weeks, so start looking from tomorrow.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Bump! Btw, is it delivered through Australia post?

izzy88

HSC
Well, if new students haven't started receiving it yet, then I guess the newspapers I'm still receiving are from last year's.

From memory, the person at O-Week said that I'd start receiving them in 1.5 weeks, so start looking from tomorrow.
mine from last year stopped a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't started receiving new subscription yet. Sometimes it can take a couple of weeks to get going as there are a lot of students signed up etc. However if you haven't gotten anything in about a week or two, call up SMH. I had to do that last year to get deliveries started as they weren't coming. I think the 'message' to deliver to a new place can sometimes get lost with the newsagent.

No they are delivered through whoever does the newspaper run in your neighbourhood. Generally its a local newsagent. But if you have any troubles, call SMH as they liaise with the newsagents. The run normally occurs somewhere between 6-8am.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Mine comes through my local newsagents.

mine from last year stopped a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't started receiving new subscription yet. Sometimes it can take a couple of weeks to get going as there are a lot of students signed up etc. However if you haven't gotten anything in about a week or two, call up SMH. I had to do that last year to get deliveries started as they weren't coming. I think the 'message' to deliver to a new place can sometimes get lost with the newsagent.
Hmmm, I got a paper this morning, so I should be ok then.

izzy88

HSC
Hmmm, I got a paper this morning, so I should be ok then.
Yeah looks like you are alright then :) I'll probably have to call SMH again this year to make them get a move on. Saying that, I'm so happy they've added the option of 7 day delivery. I never used to pick up a copy on campus because I didn't have time read there/didn't want to carry it around, and I love it in the holidays when it comes 7 days! Its going to be sad when I'm not a student anymore, if only for the lack of free newspapers. :p

zxreth

HSC
i asked for it to be delivered home 3 days, so im wondering which 3 days will it be delivered home? im assuming saturday/sunday, but what else? Also where do i collect the paper from on campus?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
i asked for it to be delivered home 3 days, so im wondering which 3 days will it be delivered home? im assuming saturday/sunday, but what else? Also where do i collect the paper from on campus?
You can collect it from Footbridge Newsagents (the cafe sort place), or from Wentworth Newsagents, or even Manning (Cafe Tra Bacci). Not sure about other places, but there could be more.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pretty sure it's Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

izzy88

HSC
Generally you had to elect one of the following options when you collected your access card. The options are either Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Saturday, Sunday, Monday. If you are unsure, you could probably call up SMH to elect which of those options you wanted if the Access people didn't ask.

You can collect the paper from the USU coffee cart/newsagent outlets on campus - just show your SMH card.

EDIT: Opps looks like it may have changed from previous years and the 3 day option is just Friday, Saturday, Sunday. No choice to choose Monday to have delivered. See http://www.accessbenefits.com.au/On...dney_Morning_Herald_Student_Uni_Card.aspx?t=9

Also to collect: On-campus outlets where you can pick up your complimentary SMH Monday to Thursday.**
• Footbridge Station
• Wentworth Campus Store
• Bosch Cafe
• Caffe Tra Baci
• Manning Kiosk
• Engineering Building

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The first copy arrived this morning for me.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Sounds about right then.

If you got your Access card during O-Week, and still haven't received your delivered copies of the SMH (if you opted for such an option), then go to the Access Desk at Manning and ask them what's up. They're pretty friendly and really don't mind.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
My deliveries started today also. (I bought the uni subscription direct from Fairfax)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)