Accg 301 (1 Viewer)

rajputsingh

HSC
Has anyone done it before? Is it a new subject because there does not seem to be any threads on this subject. If it is not new and someone has done it, what was it like? Better than ACCG 200?

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
From Tajid73 "From what I know accg301 is there just to replace accg 201 so the contents of the course are pretty much the same."

tajid73

HSC
it's a lot different between 301/201 with 200. ACCG200 focuses more on the practical/calculation side of the management accounting while ACCG201 focuses more on the theory/concepts of the management accounting. So if you are good at math and got good marks on ACCG200, you might feel ACCG301 is a bit too much, vice versa. Some of my mates did badly inACCG200 but got high credit/distinction in ACCG301.

If you have any specific questions just ask. My housemate just did the subject last semester, so I might be able to ask her for you :).

Advice: Try to avoid Vikki Bard!! I don't think she's teaching ACCG301 though (she taught accg200 and 201 before) but if she is, do ACCG301 the semester after that.

rajputsingh

HSC
What a sigh of relief! I did really well for the theory side of 200 but really bad in the prac. I am more of a theory type person. This subject sounds awesome! Are there any other theory based accounting subjects at the 200 or 300 level?

blackrider89

HSC
What a sigh of relief! I did really well for the theory side of 200 but really bad in the prac. I am more of a theory type person. This subject sounds awesome! Are there any other theory based accounting subjects at the 200 or 300 level?
ACCG323/325. Almost all r based on theories.

ACCG260/399/400 (?) I suppose so as well.

manavji

HSC
N/A
Tell me about it, I sucked at some of the practical stuff in the final exam... the last lecture especially, since our lecture got cancelled due to overcrowding LOL.. were you in the same lecture on thursdays?.. that was some scene.

ameher

HSC
Yep im hoping to do more accounting theory units for 200 and 300 level. i did accg200 and accg251 last semester and loved accg251 because of how theory based it was.

Im doing accg301 this semester, it sounds good, sounds very theory based. I was hoping to do ACCG325, and ACCG355 next year, and i was wondering if these are also heavily theory based accounting units. I will also be doing ACCG399.

Has anyone done ACCG224 i gotta do this unit this semester was wondering is it very practical or is theoretical also?

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
ACCG224 it is 50-50 with the practical and theory. First half of the semester is theory and latter half is practical. But final exam is pretty much practical based, with 2 theory questions worth about 30 marks.

blackrider89

HSC
Yep im hoping to do more accounting theory units for 200 and 300 level. i did accg200 and accg251 last semester and loved accg251 because of how theory based it was.

Im doing accg301 this semester, it sounds good, sounds very theory based. I was hoping to do ACCG325, and ACCG355 next year, and i was wondering if these are also heavily theory based accounting units. I will also be doing ACCG399.

Has anyone done ACCG224 i gotta do this unit this semester was wondering is it very practical or is theoretical also?
50/50 strictly speaking. But u will find it overwhelmed by theories that relate 2 ACCG308/310 and ACCG323/325 as well.

ameher

HSC
50/50 strictly speaking. But u will find it overwhelmed by theories that relate 2 ACCG308/310 and ACCG323/325 as well.
Awesome sounds manageable. Btw blackrider89 have u done acccg340? i wud have thought auditing and assurance services was a theory subject but i havent heard ppl talking much about it.

blackrider89

HSC
Awesome sounds manageable. Btw blackrider89 have u done acccg340? i wud have thought auditing and assurance services was a theory subject but i havent heard ppl talking much about it.
I'm doing it the coming sem and have had a glance on the textbook and yeah it's somehow theory based. Btw Tajin73 had a HD or D 4 it so just ask him. I'm looking forward 2 his replies 2. Tajid, whre r u lol.

tajid73

HSC
Sorry for the late reply, I was really busy the last few days preparing everything for my PR application.

If you like accg201 then accg355 might be a good option for you. It's the continuation of accg201.

For accg224 the first half of the semester was all theory (it's pretty much the same as what you learn in first half of accg323 and maybe 325).
The 2nd half of the semester was practical (it's the same as what you'll learn in first half of accg310 and maybe 308).
The final was 70% from 2nd half of the semester (practical) and 30% from first half. I was expecting it to be alot harder as the 2nd half of the semester was really easy but the final was still really easy. If Im not mistaken the LIC mentioned in the last lecture that she's going to make some changes to this semester accg224 because some stuffs learned in the 2nd half of the sem had been covered before in accg101 so they might introduce something new.
Overall it was one of the easiest subjects i have ever done in uni.

For accg340, I truly think it is one of the most useful and interesting accounting unit. It's all theory but it's not like accg251/250/201 where you can just bullshit in your final and still get d/hd. Understanding the concept is crucial for this subject. Many people who did well in previous accg subjects, didn't do so well here. On the other hand, my friends who didn't do well throughout his degree got his first D from this subject.
Next semester the LIC is Alicia (If im not mistaken), I heard from my tutor, she's a good lecturer. I don't like how this subject was managed last semester. The LIC was Medhat Endrawes. All of our quizzes papers were not given back to us. If we wanted to see the paper, we had to made appointment with him and saw the paper. By doing so we had no idea how to get full mark in our answers, no feedback for quizzes at all available for us.
I was expecting an hd but only got a D. I saw my final paper, it seems like all my answers which were not exactly the same as lect notes/txtbook yet I believe were right did not get full mark and there was one question that I think was not really clear. He was expecting us to answer a negligent question (the one similar to busl250, need to provide cases but a bit more complicated) in table. If it was in essay format, it would be a lot easier for us to answer as we could write everything we knew and still got most of the marks but by having tables, our answers are restricted to the table size which therefore restricted how much we could write.
lol sorry for the long reply.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)