Accomodation at Newcastle (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Justine2408 said:

Cheers mate! Thats was quick!

LOL, I certainly like the idea of private bathroom! Could anyone tell me what the houses are like? Mainly the social life, but the decency of the rooms would be great too. Cheers again, and thanks justine!

..sorry, just wanted to add - even though Bara is geared more towards senior students, is the social life still ok? I don't mean the out every night getting wasted social life, I'm more interested in the laid back good mates and few beers down at the local sort of social life. Are you guys good mates or do you more keep to yourself? Also, the kitchenettes - with the fridge, cook top etc - are they in every room? Do you guys get telephones in every room? Sorry, im just confirming make sure i'm reading it right - it sounds bloody awesome to have a double room, ensuite and kitchenette for $180 a week. If anyone has any pictures of the rooms, could they please post them? Also, has anyone experienced international house? thanks again!

Last edited:

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
White Rabbit said:
Hey to anyone who lives on campus, what is Evatt like? How far away is Callaghan from the beach? and, perhaps the most important of all, how are your bar nights? To anyone whos experienced both Newy and Bathurst (or Wagga), how do they compare? And does anyone have any idea where I can find out how much accomodation costs? I've gone through the site and cant seem to find costs. Thanks in advance!

sup

by car the beach is about 15-20minutes drive (depends on how fast you go and whether you drive during peak hour)

Evatt is pretty nice, like IH. You have a building with 7-8 rooms and then one big main kitchen,dining, and living area. It's like one big family.
Evatt was like 120/wk i think, but they've jacked up the prices by 5-10/wk. Teds was 188/219 (crap/good rooms). Self catered teds - 118, barahineban is 188 single, 94 for shared

bar nights are pretty good. Wednesday is when everyone goes out, tehre are free buses that go out from 9;30PM (or 10). There's a few good places to go. Beers on tap are cheap! $2.50-3.50.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
IH - $151 a week including dinner monday to friday

Next year will be my fourth year at International House. I have enjoyed it so far - it is a good set up having semi-catered accomodation. You get to know people better in my opinion with the ten person unit set up (shared kitchen, loungeroom and bathrooms)

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Bob.J said:
sup

by car the beach is about 15-20minutes drive (depends on how fast you go and whether you drive during peak hour)

Evatt is pretty nice, like IH. You have a building with 7-8 rooms and then one big main kitchen,dining, and living area. It's like one big family.
Evatt was like 120/wk i think, but they've jacked up the prices by 5-10/wk. Teds was 188/219 (crap/good rooms). Self catered teds - 118, barahineban is 188 single, 94 for shared

bar nights are pretty good. Wednesday is when everyone goes out, tehre are free buses that go out from 9;30PM (or 10). There's a few good places to go. Beers on tap are cheap! $2.50-3.50.

Evatt sounds pretty good! I like the idea of independance in Bara though. Do people usually start off in places like Evatt/Teds then go to Bara?

Gotta love Bar nights! and Cheap tap beer! Thanks for the quick reply Bob, might see ya in mid 07!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
clive said:
IH - $151 a week including dinner monday to friday

Next year will be my fourth year at International House. I have enjoyed it so far - it is a good set up having semi-catered accomodation. You get to know people better in my opinion with the ten person unit set up (shared kitchen, loungeroom and bathrooms)
Cheers mate! I lived in self catered at Bathurst and enjoyed it - and survived on beer and easy mac ;) I did notice that people in 6 - 10 blocks of people got to closer to their dormies than those with 30 odd people in a dorm, if that makes sense. 30 - odd people had more mates, but the 6 - 10 were alot closer. (

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Thanks Clive - Nice pics mate! looks like you fellas have a bit of fun down at IH :)

Thanks to everyone who answered too, you guys have been by far the most helpful in regards to Uni questions on this site! cheers!

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
lol cant post any of my pics, this is a family show

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
sure you can post them...they can't be that much worse than my autonomy day photo that i posted a while back

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
lol nah ive got some pretty crazy photos, wineries "hangin out" photo, and "pants down" @ garden party

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
hahhaa
hey les, put up the pics of joel puking on the train, then those of him with texta marks on his face

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
lol they are on my uni computer, i havnt got it set up

gothedoggies

hey. u guys that have got into on-campus accommodation....how did you find out/ like did u get a letter or anythn or just from checking the online application thingy?? cos i havnt heard anything 'official' yet and have been trying to ring the university to find out but it just keeps ringing out...cos i thought that we would be notified whether we got in or not...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)