Account for trends (1 Viewer)

sungkwo

HSC
N/A
Will they ever ask you in the HSC to account or give reasons for economic trends? It seems like a fair game, but I have yet to see a question like that.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Will they ever ask you in the HSC to account or give reasons for economic trends? It seems like a fair game, but I have yet to see a question like that.

they would, to see if you are keeping up with the news, its would be a band 6 sort of question to test those that can incorporate theory with the real world

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
To my memory when I flicked through the HSC papers last year, I don't recall them asking specifically to account for certain trends in the economy but expect to use them often. Usually there's a question which provides a few stats for you to use, with the obvious intention for the student to integrate them into their response and possibly support them with further stats and a second question with none provided.

Regardless, to get the best marks you need statistics. There's no way getting around it. Knowing the theory is one thing but applying that to real life situations is what markers look for. Expect that to be good practice for university as well.

bouncing

HSC
they can - eg. account for recent trends in Australias unemployment levels (its a perfectly valid questiona nd ive seen it in some papers before)

its not like u have to remember 100 years worht of stats - past like 30 is fine and u can just say easy stuff that is probably stuck in ur mind now like gfc and afc etc

danal353

HSC
Yes they can - e.g. asking you to explain the reasons for the changes in unemployment in the last few years (i.e. pre, during and after gfc) - and you can talk about how cyclical u/e was almost 0 prior to the gfc etc to explain the 4% u/e rate which was lower than the theoretical NAIRU... etc. etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)