Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
leoyh said:
LOL thanks, in reply to hearts, pwc just called me lol
hey leoyh. PwC eh? nice mate! i got an sms sayin they'll call tomorrow. approx wat time did they call? lol just trynna get an idea! thnx n gl

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
Black Hawker said:
LOL. Thanks.

So it's a group interview or something. I heard you have to do presentation etc.
OMG PRESENTATION????? HOLY CRAP!

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
Black Hawker and Faytle and Leoyh!!!! HI GUYS!!! CONGRATS ON GETTING PHONE CALLS ETC!

Please be very kind and good leaders (lol) and share with us the questions that you were asked during your phone interviews... THNX

Only1United

HSC
haiderr said:
OMG PRESENTATION????? HOLY CRAP!
Yeh thats what i said when i first heard about it. You basically have to do a group presentation in front of all the other applicants and around 10ish partners and directors and what not. You only have to speak for like 3-5 mins soo dont stress out about it too much and im sure some of your group members will help you out if you need it. Good luck

Ohhh and congratulations to everyone who have made it to the interview process. Its a good effort to even get to this stage as the internet application process is where they make the most cuts.

Last edited:

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
Only1United said:
Yeh thats what i said when i first heard about it. You basically have to do a group presentation in front of all the other applicants and around 10ish partners and directors and what not. You only have to speak for like 3-5 mins soo dont stress out about it too much and im sure some of your group members will help you out if you need it. Good luck

Ohhh and congratulations to everyone who have made it to the interview process. Its a good effort to even get to this stage as the internet application process is where they make the most cuts.
i dnt think im gonna go ahead with it then, thats IF they accept me to move on to that stage!

BUT GUYS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you share wat questions you got? thnx!

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
haiderr said:
Black Hawker and Faytle and Leoyh!!!! HI GUYS!!! CONGRATS ON GETTING PHONE CALLS ETC!

Please be very kind and good leaders (lol) and share with us the questions that you were asked during your phone interviews... THNX
Thanks! Hahah, sure.
They asked me two questions, I'm not sure if this is the case for everyone who received a call.

I don't remember what the first one was exactly. I remember going on about how I saw PwC as a great opportunity to get a kick-start in a career though. The second question was about why you chose the particular department/service line that you stated.

Hope that helps a bit!

Black Hawker

HSC
Faytle said:
Thanks! Hahah, sure.
They asked me two questions, I'm not sure if this is the case for everyone who received a call.

I don't remember what the first one was exactly. I remember going on about how I saw PwC as a great opportunity to get a kick-start in a career though. The second question was about why you chose the particular department/service line that you stated.

Hope that helps a bit!
Yeah, I think I stuffed up the most on the department question. :(

They booked you for an interview straight after the questions?

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
THANKS !!!

please keep posting as you remember the questions! thnx!

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
No worries!

Black Hawker said:
Yeah, I think I stuffed up the most on the department question. :(

They booked you for an interview straight after the questions?
Yep.

I think someone asked a bit earlier, but does anyone know if KPMG give rejection calls? :eek:

leoyh

mic`
HSC
haiderr said:

i got my sms at like 2.50 and the call at like 5.30

it was a pretty much short informal phone interview that went for about 5-10 minutes. i remember:
- the very first Q being are you an australian citizen lol.
- then i remember i was asked so why are you interested in undertaking a trainee program
- why did you apply for the division you applied for

i think that was all really, then she started to give me details of the next stage. good luck mate!

oh and in response to all the posts above about interview times, mine is confirmed and it was the day that i asked to be booked into when i was talking to the HR lady on the phone. its the conquest day, which inclues group activities, some tests and the interview

Last edited:

leoyh

mic`
HSC
she' gives you info about the next stage, including conquest and the insight night. dw, they will send you an email with the details she says. btw, what other firms did you apply for black hawker ?

gaaay

HSC
YEP =D
Deloitte called me today..! she's gona call me bak for the interview times

ed1090

HSC
yea i got called in for an interview with Moore Stephens, my other mates apparently got rejection emails from EY...but i havent got one yet. Anyone else still waiting for a reply from EY?
thanks

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
haiderr said:
THANKS !!!

please keep posting as you remember the questions! thnx!
Why are you so desp to know what questions they ask on the phone? Do you really think it will make that much difference? And even if you do know the questions- are you going to formulate and regurgitate a premeditated response thus defeating the real point to most of the questions they're likely to ask?

gaaay

HSC
Hey ed1090
Did you fax your application to moore stephens, or did you mail?
I faxed it via school and i called them up yesterday to confirm if it was sent through successfully. however, the lady said that she didnt get it! and yeh, i got the receipt with me and stuff, and its the correct fax number.. :(:( sucks! i asked if i could reapply but she said no.. oh well! i really wanted to work there!!

leoyh

mic`
HSC
i got a call from deloitte yesterday. no news from ey or any mid-tier yet. i posted my application to moore stephens but i havent even got a confirmation saying that they received it. they probably didnt =/

ed1090

HSC
gaaay said:
Hey ed1090
Did you fax your application to moore stephens, or did you mail?
I faxed it via school and i called them up yesterday to confirm if it was sent through successfully. however, the lady said that she didnt get it! and yeh, i got the receipt with me and stuff, and its the correct fax number.. :(:( sucks! i asked if i could reapply but she said no.. oh well! i really wanted to work there!!
ahh that suks..um i sent it thru mail, & the HR person gave me a call yesterday. Would u by any chance kno how many cadets theyre hiring? did u get any other offers from anyone else apart from deloitte?

hearts

HSC
I really want Deloitte, but they haven't called me yet! ><

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)