• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

cacali

HSC
The guy on the phone said yesterday when he called me that they'd be sending a confirmation email in a day or two.. I hope that they'll send it tomorrow!
Yeah, I get a similar message too when I log in.

Black Hawker

HSC
Well, they didn't give me any info from the person. I'm still confused about what's happening with mine though.

Are you going for Business Assurance/FA Financial Services too?

cacali

HSC
Yep, same division. Are you going to that thing on Thursday evening at their office? Maybe they might give more info then..... who knows.

cacali

HSC
What! Person on the phone didn't tell you?! Well that's just evil. Starts at 5.15pm at their office, but he said to get there by 5pm. Dunno how long it will go for.. oh yeah, and he said smart casual or school uniform. =) Haha I'll see you there. =P

Black Hawker

HSC
cacali said:
What! Person on the phone didn't tell you?! Well that's just evil. Starts at 5.15pm at their office, but he said to get there by 5pm. Dunno how long it will go for.. oh yeah, and he said smart casual or school uniform. =) Haha I'll see you there. =P
Well that's the thing. I got a call from them, did the phone interview, and said they will contact me within 48 hours (which it has passed and I still haven't got a call). But when I went online that night, I checked the Interview Scheldurer page, and was able to confirm a date for Friday.

Then I got a blank email from PwC straight after. Contain absolutely nothing.

gaaay

HSC
Has anyone got a confirmation email from KPMG regarding the interview details/time and etc.?
I have an interview for it on thursday and the lady told me theres gonna be a session on 1st of july or something? is any1 going to it?

cacali

HSC
Maybe call them on Monday and say you have the interview scheduled according to Interview Scheduler, and you're wanting to confirm? BUT hopefully confirmation emails will be emailed tomorrow so you won't have to call! =)

That blank email sounds slightly disturbing. Hmm.
Do you have any other interviews?

Black Hawker

HSC
cacali said:
Maybe call them on Monday and say you have the interview scheduled according to Interview Scheduler, and you're wanting to confirm? BUT hopefully confirmation emails will be emailed tomorrow so you won't have to call! =)

That blank email sounds slightly disturbing. Hmm.
Do you have any other interviews?
Yeah, I'll wait to see if there is an email on Monday. If not I'll email them.

I don't have other interviews at the moment. Hoping for one with Moore Stephens and McGrathNicol.

shakky15

HSC
Black Hawker said:
Yeah, I'll wait to see if there is an email on Monday. If not I'll email them.

I don't have other interviews at the moment. Hoping for one with Moore Stephens and McGrathNicol.
Yeah, I think i'd rather McGrathNicol over the Big 4, coz its the least 'accounting' of the accounting firms....

A friend of mine got a call from MooreStephens on thursday... (this is sydney)

monday after school i'm gonna run home lol

cacali

HSC
shakky15 said:
Yeah, I think i'd rather McGrathNicol over the Big 4, coz its the least 'accounting' of the accounting firms....

A friend of mine got a call from MooreStephens on thursday... (this is sydney)

monday after school i'm gonna run home lol
Looks like quite a few of us are waiting on Moore Stephens.. =P

shakky15

HSC
cacali said:
Looks like quite a few of us are waiting on Moore Stephens.. =P
yeh it looks like the mid-tier firms do their process much more slowly and 'calmly'... the big 4 are getting right into it

but yeh monday afternoon......... i hope to have missed 4 calls lol (PWC, KPMG, EY, McGrathNicol)... didnt apply for moore stephens or deloitte (and now regretting it very much)

good luck lol

sophx

HSC
this is probably going to sound really stupid.. but oh well i may as well ask.
im in year 11 and studying accounting... i love it.

i love preparing profit and loss statements, cash journals, budgets etc etc all that stuff, is this actually the tasks you undertake if you become an accountant? i knwo obviously it will become much more complicated but is the job of an accountant to undertake these tasks and more? I would love to hear a typical accountants day.....

I'm trying to work out my career / uni options and seeing as accounting is the only subject i love this cadetship could be a good opportunity. Also, i'm not an extremely confident person, rather upon first meetings i can be quiet shy. I'm assuming confidence is a big part of accounting? ( as it is for basically everything )

thanks heaps guys. and good luck to everyone receiving their cadetship!! you must be so nervous!!

xxx

shakky15

HSC
have a look at the websites of accounting companies... they do quite a lot. i think the sort of stuff you are talking about is in there somewhere, but accounting can also include assurance and advisory, etc etc etc....

confidence?? well from what I hear from others, i think its quite a necessity - i think you really need to show confidence in an interview as what a lot of accountants to is talk to representatives from other companies... You need to be confident to do that

The thing is, i'm not an accountant...so if what i am saying is wrong then someone correct me

but take my advice and have a browse through some websites and have a look at the services these companies provide... its very diverse

cacali

HSC
sophx said:
this is probably going to sound really stupid.. but oh well i may as well ask.
im in year 11 and studying accounting... i love it.

i love preparing profit and loss statements, cash journals, budgets etc etc all that stuff, is this actually the tasks you undertake if you become an accountant? i knwo obviously it will become much more complicated but is the job of an accountant to undertake these tasks and more? I would love to hear a typical accountants day.....

I'm trying to work out my career / uni options and seeing as accounting is the only subject i love this cadetship could be a good opportunity. Also, i'm not an extremely confident person, rather upon first meetings i can be quiet shy. I'm assuming confidence is a big part of accounting? ( as it is for basically everything )

thanks heaps guys. and good luck to everyone receiving their cadetship!! you must be so nervous!!

xxx
Don't think you're asking the right people =P Try asking someone who's already doing a cadetship

EDIT: I can relate to being shy. >< Take up a leadership position and make yourself become more confident. It can be kind of painful.. but it's worth it! And yeah, confidence will make clients believe in what you're telling them, I guess.
You could always bug your year advisor until they give you some good numbers/websites or people to talk to. =)

Last edited:

jordankuai22

HSC
shakky15 said:
have a look at the websites of accounting companies... they do quite a lot. i think the sort of stuff you are talking about is in there somewhere, but accounting can also include assurance and advisory, etc etc etc....

confidence?? well from what I hear from others, i think its quite a necessity - i think you really need to show confidence in an interview as what a lot of accountants to is talk to representatives from other companies... You need to be confident to do that

The thing is, i'm not an accountant...so if what i am saying is wrong then someone correct me

but take my advice and have a browse through some websites and have a look at the services these companies provide... its very diverse
TITS OR GTFO

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
cacali said:
The guy on the phone said yesterday when he called me that they'd be sending a confirmation email in a day or two.. I hope that they'll send it tomorrow!
Yeah, I get a similar message too when I log in.
HEY! The lady that called me from pwc told me she would send the email in a few mins but i still havnt got mine. did you get yours?

also, i mentioned this earlier, but my pwc interview scheduler on the website has booked me for a different time then agreed with the lady on the phone. no idea wats going on!

pls lemme know if youve got your email or not. thnx GOOD LUCK!

cacali

HSC
haiderr said:
HEY! The lady that called me from pwc told me she would send the email in a few mins but i still havnt got mine. did you get yours?

also, i mentioned this earlier, but my pwc interview scheduler on the website has booked me for a different time then agreed with the lady on the phone. no idea wats going on!

pls lemme know if youve got your email or not. thnx GOOD LUCK!
Nope, no email. I'm hoping they'll email tomorrow or more likely Monday..
Call them Monday to say that's not what you asked for. =)
By the way, which day are you booked in for?
And good luck to you too!!

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
cacali said:
Nope, no email. I'm hoping they'll email tomorrow or more likely Monday..
Call them Monday to say that's not what you asked for. =)
By the way, which day are you booked in for?
And good luck to you too!!
DAMN! lol I'm so anxious right now about what's happening! It's going to be really hard for me to call them on Monday because I start school at 8.45AM and finish at 5.30PM (TAFE Accounting from 1.30 to 5.30, and I have an Exam for that subject) so I don't know if ill be available when other companies call, and I'll definitely have to squeeze in some time to call PwC.

I asked for Friday 4 July, but my interview scheduler says Tuesday 8th July.
WBU?

cacali

HSC
haiderr said:
DAMN! lol I'm so anxious right now about what's happening! It's going to be really hard for me to call them on Monday because I start school at 8.45AM and finish at 5.30PM (TAFE Accounting from 1.30 to 5.30, and I have an Exam for that subject) so I don't know if ill be available when other companies call, and I'll definitely have to squeeze in some time to call PwC.

I asked for Friday 4 July, but my interview scheduler says Tuesday 8th July.
WBU?
Woah, that's tough to squeeze in then. Maybe sneak off during class to "go to the toilet" and call them then? or recess or lunch?

Well, if you can't change your time, I'm on Tuesday 8th July. =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)