Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

shakky15

HSC
cacali said:
hey shakky15, I did call and the lady didn't actually know, funnily enough. But she went and asked someone else who said to stick to 8.45am start. I might ask someone at the insight on Thursday to make sure, I mean, wouldn't you look so stupid getting there at 8.45 if it started at 9.30? Haha. But yeah, I think it's 9.15 for a 9.30 start, since you said person over the phone said that? Hmm.
hey i called today and the lady said that the system was incorrect and that I should stick with the email (9.15 - 3). Im also on Tuesday now as I changed from monday .. hope that didnt anger them as they had to call someone to swap with me lol... is this going to throw my career out the window??

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
thnx shakky i was also confused... and no way, they cant reject you coz you changed the interview date! :mad:

kam9kan10

HSC
pete_mate said:
the first firm to give out contracts is purely out of scheduling, i wouldnt choose the place you'll be at for 3-5 years out of that.

That said, if its between a big 4 and a mid tier then sure go for it.

Though KPMG isn't the best choice because of a few dodgy audits lately, i'd hold out for PwC if you're still in the game.
KPMG set off a good impression with me from day one the partners wer relaxed and current cadets looked like they wer loving it, i cancelled all my mid tier interviews give some other ppl a chance.

Last edited:

shakky15

HSC
so whats the probability of being offered a cadetship for PwC if you go to conquest?

Ive heard that most of the cutting is done before the interviews, but that there are 4 days of conquest and they are all fully booked - (how many in each day?) says that there might be plenty of competition to go yet...

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
the interviews are group interviews, and i dont think there will be less than 5 people per day (possibly 10) so over 4 days that makes it 20-40 people all up, competing for how many places?

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
I was told during the phone conversation that there will be around 20-30 people at each Conquest day. I'm pretty sure that I interpreted it right, but maybe she meant altogether?

shakky15

HSC
Black Hawker said:
To be honest, 20-30 people per conquest day seems to be about right for a company like this.
yeh.. i wonder how many places they offer though - they are a pretty big company (im sure they'd accept 20 at the very least)... and if there are say 25 per day at conquest then its 100 all up.....

looks like the chances are pretty good for most (if not all) of us to land an offer then! :)

ed1090

HSC
knightsfan2707 said:
FUK YEAH OFFER FROM MOORE STEPHENS!!!!

wat the hell do i do?
shuld i bother going for other mid-tiers?
do u think moore stephens is decent??
CONGRATS!!

Ive got an interview with them next week in melbourne, could u tell me what questions they asked you? Also how many people were in each group for the group assessment & what did u have to do?

Thanks in advance

h.anarchy

HSC
Question! - is anyone going to PwC Insight (tomorrow) in school uniform and bringing their school bag?

I don't think I can make it home in time to get dressed and all that so I might go in school uniform... there should be an area to put your school bags yeah? >.<

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
jordankuai22 said:
OMG!!!! sooooooooooo angry!!!

slept in... and missed my kpmg interview today!!!!!!

i tried calling, but they wouldnt give me another interview :'(
I'd be worried if they did.

knightsfan2707 said:
do u think moore stephens is decent??
I'm not a fan of MS personally as they're the only large mid-tier firm that's shrinking

h.anarchy said:
Question! - is anyone going to PwC Insight (tomorrow) in school uniform and bringing their school bag?

I don't think I can make it home in time to get dressed and all that so I might go in school uniform... there should be an area to put your school bags yeah? >.<
I don't think that'll be a problem at all. Just try to appear neat and you should be just fine!

gaaay

HSC
For interviews. do dey have ur application form right in front of them?

jordankuai22

HSC
shakky15 said:
so whats the probability of being offered a cadetship for PwC if you go to conquest?

Ive heard that most of the cutting is done before the interviews, but that there are 4 days of conquest and they are all fully booked - (how many in each day?) says that there might be plenty of competition to go yet...
haider: incorrect

there are about about 175 applicants going to conquest over the 4 days

i am going in school uniform, then changing clothes afterwards and going clubbing !!!!!!!

Last edited:

cacali

HSC
shakky15 said:
hey i called today and the lady said that the system was incorrect and that I should stick with the email (9.15 - 3). Im also on Tuesday now as I changed from monday .. hope that didnt anger them as they had to call someone to swap with me lol... is this going to throw my career out the window??
It looks like they changed their mind about that one then.. haha.
Tuesday eh? I'll probably see you there then lol

cacali

HSC
jordankuai22 said:
there are about about 175 applicants going to conquest over the 4 days
Well there's some intense competition then...

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
hey did u guys do the sample verbal/numeric test (the link was in the email) how did u find it? i found the numeric section quite time consuming...ran out of time at the end:ninja: . wat bout u ppl?

and for pwc cadidates, wat division r u applyin for? Assurance for me!

shakky15

HSC
haiderr said:
hey did u guys do the sample verbal/numeric test (the link was in the email) how did u find it? i found the numeric section quite time consuming...ran out of time at the end:ninja: . wat bout u ppl?

and for pwc cadidates, wat division r u applyin for? Assurance for me!
tax and legal! but want to do assurance now....

damn those tests were HARD... that maths one was VERY involved (may steps to get the answer) noones ever going to finish that in time...

i think i got 76% for the verbal., and around 63% for numerical... anyone else??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)