Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

kam9kan10

HSC
i love KPMG it's awesome while PwC make you sit through some elaborate dinner with 14 pieces of cutlery after an offer, KPMG on the other hand last night invited me aswell as the other cadets i thought it was going to be some info session it was the best ever us and the first year cadets chilled got to know eachother played nintendo wii ordered pizza and ice cream. such a great place so layed back even some partners came down really great people.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ifsonotso_100 said:
that's a very hresque response and doesn't really help anyone who's going to attend formal interviews for the first time ie: is the kind of waffle recruitment always give.

There are definitely ways to prepare- ie: having answers ready isn't the go as you rightly mentioned but being aware of the sorts of questions you can be asked is pretty important as well as knowing your cv or if you don't have one your application form inside out.
He speaks the truth though- no point memorising some BS answer which every interviewer knows is BS.

e.g. "What's your weakness?" "Oh, I'd have to say perfectionism- I like to make sure every piece of work I do is perfect."

It's probably more important showing that you are interested, willing to learn, able to work in groups in an efficient manner (esp when you don't know the other people that well) and are able to make decent conversation- that's probably more relevant to the professional services industry anyway.

NickLeG said:
i found the same thing, the guy who interviewed me had only been at KPMG a year and it seemed like he'd never interviewed anyone before, he was a very dry man not a good conversationalist. He asked me for my TER, and i asked him what that was and he said he didn't know.........that made me question KPMG a bit, i think we reached an agreement that it was my estimated UAI. For other people going for Middle Market Advisory, i really hope for your sake you don't get the guy i got, wont mention a name but if you get him you'll know who i'm talking about.
In all fairness, alot of people in the industry are from overseas whereby they are not totally aware of Australian acronyms for educational qualifications. FYI TER is what the UAI used to be known as and I'm guessing your poor interviewer was just reading a slightly outdated brief sheet.

kam9kan10 said:
i love KPMG it's awesome while PwC make you sit through some elaborate dinner with 14 pieces of cutlery after an offer, KPMG on the other hand last night invited me aswell as the other cadets i thought it was going to be some info session it was the best ever us and the first year cadets chilled got to know eachother played nintendo wii ordered pizza and ice cream. such a great place so layed back even some partners came down really great people.
I don't recall (receiving) such a dinner...

... but back to what you said, are you a cadet, or an applicant? HSC year 2008 indicates the latter.

pete_mate

HSC
NickLeG said:
i found the same thing, the guy who interviewed me had only been at KPMG a year and it seemed like he'd never interviewed anyone before, he was a very dry man not a good conversationalist. He asked me for my TER, and i asked him what that was and he said he didn't know.........that made me question KPMG a bit, i think we reached an agreement that it was my estimated UAI. For other people going for Middle Market Advisory, i really hope for your sake you don't get the guy i got, wont mention a name but if you get him you'll know who i'm talking about.
I'd say that says more about MMA than it does KPMG itself.

As for the question about "recent reforms in the accounting industry" that's the sortof high level questions you should be asking at the end of the interview, i know my interviewers enjoyed them. Though, if you don't know enough about it then don't. I spose your only out of school, that's more of a grad question to be honest.

pete_mate

HSC
kam9kan10 said:

There was no formal dinner. Infact, i went to multiple big 4 offer celebrations with drinks and PwC was the only firm where the managers took us out for drinks AFTER the drinks around the city.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
jordankuai22 said:
you DO realise, that they started offering interviews on the 26th? - i got mine afterschool the day after applications closed.

to be called on such 'short notice' = pwnt

oh: haha. very funny. how very funny. how very very funny. wow, you are a comic genious, NO
As far as I know, when you got called by the recruitment team regarding Insight does not necessarily indicate the strength of your application but rather, the efficiency and availibility of the people who have the fun job of calling and informing candidates assigned to them that they were successful in getting through to the interview stage.

pete_mate said:
There was no formal dinner. Infact, i went to multiple big 4 offer celebrations with drinks and PwC was the only firm where the managers took us out for drinks AFTER the drinks around the city.
No dinner and no afterparty for me. I got rorted!

Ovaschool303

HSC
Just had an interview with KPMG today... thought it was a fair interview. Some questions you have to think about while others you didnt really... i guess most of them were: Tell me about a time when..... Anyway, hopefully will make it through, think we find about wednesday the 9th.

jordankuai22

HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
Just had an interview with KPMG today... thought it was a fair interview. Some questions you have to think about while others you didnt really... i guess most of them were: Tell me about a time when..... Anyway, hopefully will make it through, think we find about wednesday the 9th.
had my interview with kpmg aswell today.

just didnt feel right. unwelcoming atmosphere

kam9kan10

HSC
maybe it's different here in melbourne i'm finishing my year 12 this year and will be a cadet next year PwC go all out down here. it's so stupid though i prefer the relaxed get to know the other cadets kind of thing.

ed1090

HSC
hey i just received an email from KPMG giving me another opportunity to apply for their Tax division...(melbourne)

I had to do the application again. But it was the same questions except one said "Why do u want to apply for the Transfer pricing group at KPMG?"

Anyone else get the email??

3li

HSC
N/A
ed1090 said:
hey i just received an email from KPMG giving me another opportunity to apply for their Tax division...(melbourne)

I had to do the application again. But it was the same questions except one said "Why do u want to apply for the Transfer pricing group at KPMG?"

lol

tell me wat u think transfer pricing is

ed1090

HSC
pretty much its assisting clients in establishing pricing for cross border transactions with group affiliates.. right?
is there something about the service i shud know?

Last edited:

gaaay

HSC
Hmm i dont get grant thornton
I rec'd a rejection letter from Grant Thornton, a couple of days ago
And today, i recieved an email from GT regarding an interview process?
:S
So lost!

kam9kan10

HSC
ed1090 said:

a friend of a friend of mine got this email and also a mate i go to school with, but tax is the worst division to gain experience in my opinion. but awesome more cadets at KPMG!

karnage

HSC
gaaay said:
Hmm i dont get grant thornton
I rec'd a rejection letter from Grant Thornton, a couple of days ago
And today, i recieved an email from GT regarding an interview process?
:S
So lost!
Maybe someone dropped out.

ed1090

HSC
kam9kan10 said:
a friend of a friend of mine got this email and also a mate i go to school with, but tax is the worst division to gain experience in my opinion. but awesome more cadets at KPMG!
You think so? hmm im just happy to get another chance hopefully move to the next round this time. Also do u rekon alot of students will be applying for this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)