Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

Ovaschool303

HSC
I have heard that UNSW is more prestigious... Our school has had the major 4 uni's come out and speak to us, there is no difference between business or commerce... its just that business is the 'traditional' name for the degree which UTS still holds.

As far as the double degrees go.... I will be with PWC in tax and they i think said no... but EY were more than happy for me to... just depends what you are interested in

Last edited:

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
fantasybluebear said:
haha thnx =)

EY:
first 2 yrs = work full/study part (comm)
3,4,5,6 = fulltime study (finish comm + law)
7,8 = work fulltime+promotion at the end

sounds like alot of years, aye.

i've been talking to alot of cadets and they all say that even though INITIALLY, you dnt need the law degree, having it is a good safeguard if you decide to branch out later on in your career.
sounds interesting... i think u shud highlight the "promotion at the end" bit lol def lookin forward to that!

but i think its best if u get uni over n done with asap so u start work n gain experience.... i dunno, mayb havin a second option in law cud be helpful in the future for u.

hopethisworks

Banned
North Manly Beach Sexual Preference: Centaur Bans
HSC
N/A
fantasybluebear said:
haha thnx =)

EY:
first 2 yrs = work full/study part (comm)
3,4,5,6 = fulltime study (finish comm + law)
7,8 = work fulltime+promotion at the end

sounds like alot of years, aye.

i've been talking to alot of cadets and they all say that even though INITIALLY, you dnt need the law degree, having it is a good safeguard if you decide to branch out later on in your career.
Oh wow.

You have effectively planned the next 8 years of your life :S

gaaay

HSC
Are we able to apply for scholarships when we have a cadetship

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
gaaay said:
Are we able to apply for scholarships when we have a cadetship
That would be awesome actually. Pretty much wouldn't have to pay for uni while still getting paid from ur firm.

melonkitten

HSC
shilinjuju said:
That would be awesome actually. Pretty much wouldn't have to pay for uni while still getting paid from ur firm.
still double dipping.

looked down upon and compared to putting out cigarettes on orphans

elmo rox!! :D

HSC
hey guys
i have two more than likely really dumb questions lol .... no laughing ok lol
1 . wat exactly is a cadetship
2 . are they only available to yr 12 leavers .... or can current yr 11's apply?
lol thanks :D

ctkid

HSC
Assurance all the way! Tax is for the weak who like to be locked up in 1 place a their life! the name shoud be a dead giveaway....TAX...do you realy want to dedicate your life to it?

Lordie

HSC
ctkid said:
Assurance all the way! Tax is for the weak who like to be locked up in 1 place a their life! the name shoud be a dead giveaway....TAX...do you realy want to dedicate your life to it?
Hehe. I'm in the Assurance trainee program for next year! Go Assurance! :)

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
You young'uns have no idea at all :p

Do you really want to dedicate your life to checking OTHER people's work? Or do you want to be able to create VALUE for your clients?

Lordie

HSC
Suvat said:

Do you really want to dedicate your life to checking OTHER people's work? Or do you want to be able to create VALUE for your clients?
Well what line of work are you in?

billbro

HSC
N/A
Suvat said:

Ah, but one would think non-financial assurance does ADD VALUE for your clients. Then again, I could be wrong since I don't actually have experience in the field, but that's basically why I've been going for non-FS, rather than FS assurance.

Lordie

HSC
billbro said:
Ah, but one would think non-financial assurance does ADD VALUE for your clients. Then again, I could be wrong since I don't actually have experience in the field, but that's basically why I've been going for non-FS, rather than FS assurance.
Heh. Yeah, I'm more interested in Business Assurance. I think it's more beneficial to all involved!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)