Accounting Cadetship Night - 21st of May, THIS THURSDAY! (1 Viewer)

HSC
A rep from CA came to our school and said we should "dress nicely" and that it was smart casual. Something about making first impressions :/ though I doubt anyone would remember what you look like a month or so from now =_=;

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
i wonder how competitive its gonna be...

maybe only the people with 99uai + state sport + prefect will get them...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

ah pretty much

but discount 99uai really because they don't know your UAI when they offer it. I am just glad that I accelerated last year =), will be a good indicator for them of my academic progress.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
A rep from CA came to our school and said we should "dress nicely" and that it was smart casual. Something about making first impressions :/ though I doubt anyone would remember what you look like a month or so from now =_=;
It never hurts to leave a lasting and positive impression especially with the people who will be reviewing your applications and possibly interviewing you. That being said, if everyone is wearing a name tag and you introduce yourself properly, maybe you will be remembered? :)

Competitive yes, but do not presume that those who have uber high UAI estimates and long lists and lists of things they do will be the default choice. Remember that academic performance and your extra curricular activities are mere indicators which help firms determine if you are suitable (or eligible) for the position. It just so happens that those with strong involvement in certain activities have a tendency to develop skills which are valuable in the workforce such as time management and ability to interact with clients or work in teams with deadlines, etc... it's these attributes which you need to demonstrate; not the number of clubs/sports/etc you have been somewhat involved in.

ah pretty much

but discount 99uai really because they don't know your UAI when they offer it. I am just glad that I accelerated last year =), will be a good indicator for them of my academic progress.
Partially agree- whilst cadetships are offered before UAIs are finalised, estimates will be asked.. however, the real reason for asking about UAI estimates is that cadetships are for those who are studying accounting in university and will be eligible for the CA program upon graduation. From this perspective, a 90 UAI is not significantly different from a 99 UAI. That being said, a higher UAI could be used to convince the interviewer/assessor of other attributes such as ability/willingness to learn or discipline. As for those who overestimate their UAIs, this also acts as a safety net if the candidate is unable to get into the required uni courses.

HSC
It never hurts to leave a lasting and positive impression especially with the people who will be reviewing your applications and possibly interviewing you. That being said, if everyone is wearing a name tag and you introduce yourself properly, maybe you will be remembered? :)
That is a good point. So there is a high chance that the people we meet on Thursday are also the people who could interview us in the future.

Wow. :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Partially agree- whilst cadetships are offered before UAIs are finalised, estimates will be asked.. however, the real reason for asking about UAI estimates is that cadetships are for those who are studying accounting in university and will be eligible for the CA program upon graduation. From this perspective, a 90 UAI is not significantly different from a 99 UAI. That being said, a higher UAI could be used to convince the interviewer/assessor of other attributes such as ability/willingness to learn or discipline. As for those who overestimate their UAIs, this also acts as a safety net if the candidate is unable to get into the required uni courses.
UAI estimate? Who gives that out?

HSC
lol that's bullshit.

Estimates are so wrong.

If it's based on last assessment, god...i am a goner.
I know people who've had uai marks pretty close to their estimate, so I guess it's an okay indicator. It's not entirely important for it to be extremely accurate. The firms just need it to see whether you will get into the comm course at uni.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^lol gay, back off from the couple

:mad1: why are you bad mouthing my girlfriend?!
She's a hottie okay.. I bet that guy you are taking is ugly =P
nice nice =D. Our nikeboy + bon are making out =) (or is it wrong to assume that?) lol

may ur journey be nice & sound, like mine =) =) =)

BTW, You can stop flexing your muscle now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I know people who've had uai marks pretty close to their estimate, so I guess it's an okay indicator. It's not entirely important for it to be extremely accurate. The firms just need it to see whether you will get into the comm course at uni.
At the end of the day, the cadetship offer is on condition that you make it into an eligible degree so there is minimal risk to the firm. Having an estimate upfront just helps make it clearer/easier to figure out who is likely to meet this requirement.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
At the end of the day, the cadetship offer is on condition that you make it into an eligible degree so there is minimal risk to the firm. Having an estimate upfront just helps make it clearer/easier to figure out who is likely to meet this requirement.
so the school is making an estimate, right?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
so the school is making an estimate, right?
Correct but keep in mind nowadays some schools are reluctant to give these out due to the inaccuracies which are present in an estimate and the wrath of parents calling up to ask about it!

For my school, we were just all told to write 95+ as the estimate, but if you pushed the Principal, he would give you an unofficial estimate relative to the median UAI based on whether you were above/below average in your subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)