• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Accounting Cadetship Night - 21st of May, THIS THURSDAY! (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sif!! im scared about the interview part, im really crap at interviews :(
and im only gonna get an interview if I have a good resume, which atm I dont...
I have been practising interview by going to many of my teachers for small chat in a small room...wait...that doesn't sound right

My resume is okay. I have been copying the structure of many other good resumes that I obtained *winking at some bosers*.

[FONT=바탕]
part of my resume said:
My current volunteering experience is with school in Peer Tutoring. This is an invaluable experience as I greatly improved upon my communication skills. It was also an important chance for me to reaffirm my academic aptitude and further my intellectual proficiency.
[/FONT]

It sounds okay, right? I hope mine doesn't sound too cheesy and too sugar coated.

Last edited:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
^ sounds really good to me, nah its not too cheesy or sugar coated lol :) + I like the technical terminology :)
I havnt done much extra-curricular activities this year, use to do everything that I could do, but cbb doing anything this year.. and when I asked the people at the cadetship night, they all said it was important to have as much extra-curricular activities as possible :(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^ sounds really good to me, nah its not too cheesy or sugar coated lol :) + I like the technical terminology :)
I havnt done much extra-curricular activities this year, use to do everything that I could do, but cbb doing anything this year.. and when I asked the people at the cadetship night, they all said it was important to have as much extra-curricular activities as possible :(
I am not too sure. Well, that is true. But it's more important to talk them up I think. I mean it's useless just to say:

"I am the captain of this school and I do lots of stuff"

It's certainly more pleasant to read something like what I have written even though being a school captain >>>>>>>>>>>> peer tutor.

I have explained my involvements in depth so most of them sound really nice...and appear to be some really important roles lol

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
2000 applicants and some companies like Deloitte only take 15!!!

chance is less than 1% lol

I just have to kill the resume section.
thats based on the assumption each applicant is of equal merit.

you are namu, therefore chances for you personally are about 95%

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ok i'm just going to put it out there

i hope iyounamu dosen't get a cadetship
lol

Doesn't matter much. Cadetship is one of the million paths I can take. Besides, there are other very good scholarships for Accounting which are perhaps better than Cadetship (UTS Co-op for example)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
lol

Doesn't matter much. Cadetship is one of the million paths I can take. Besides, there are other very good scholarships for Accounting which are perhaps better than Cadetship (UTS Co-op for example)
ah yes, same here - this is just something that I only wanted do if I got in, otherwise i dont mind doing an engineering/commerce degree, which is what I wanted to do before I heard about this..

RuffWoof

HSC
I have a question:

It is necessary to include a school reference in the application?

Thanks

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
I have a question:

It is necessary to include a school reference in the application?

Thanks
not always. often it is though, many firms require a 'current academic transcript' though, which can either just be your latest report, or the report and the reference.

each firm will specify exactly what they want though. i would encourage you to try and get your school reference if you can to use in applications (especially if its going to be a good reference haha)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I don't get why people are so enthusiastic to become an accountant or an auditor... =\ Not the prettiest job in the world, and I'm sure that many who applied are capable of getting a job of a higher superiority.

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't get why people are so enthusiastic to become an accountant or an auditor... =\ Not the prettiest job in the world, and I'm sure that many who applied are capable of getting a job of a higher superiority.
gotta start somewhere I guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)