Acts of Reading and Writing... (1 Viewer)

andy_wahhole

HSC
Go The Powerbook!

ah now its time for the class of 2005. woo hoo im the first to post in our class. i am so very cool. yeah go patchy! go winterson! OH YEAH GO THE POWERBOOK! (uh yeah...go manguel...saddo...)

joanne28

HSC
i know who you are

sup mo.
yes, we love the powerbook. greatest book in the world (after eucalyptus...)
haha. can't wait till the sleepover at our school, for the 30 people in the state that do the module.
nice.

Merotica

HSC
N/A
Ah yes, the POWERBOOK is such a big turn on :)

So I guess there's three people from our class now posting on here :)

But unless someone else in the state who does the elective comes on here and shares their material, looks like we'll all be 'wallowing' and bemoaning our misadventure to one another.

some cool kid

HSC
yeah!

jeeeeeeeeeez....about time i figured out how to register on this dang thing! stoopid technology...

neways thought i might check this out since its only OUR school and and one other DAMN COOL!!!!! school who are cool enough to satisfy the cool factor of this module...

go manguel, patchy and weldy!!! best group work eva...i dont get it. we r gonna rule the school slash state for ever!!

joanne28

HSC
go the TWO schools who do our elective...

"reading, as much as breating, is my essential function"
go manguel

slinky1329

HSC
School is over.

Gonna miss hghs and everyone.

Have fun studying MANGUEL in the holz.

Last edited:

impurfuktionx

HSC
N/A
hahaha ^^ yay!!

First of 2007 class to Post on this topic...
Well Ms. Drayton passed the story down in Ext Class...Are we the only class doing this Module THIS year???

I need notes.....hahah..Wonderr if any 4mer HGHS'ers got anything useful lying untouched on their shelves at home or
Have they all been burnt..o_O''lmao..

=)

HSC
Hey coolKatz,

I myself do Acts of Reading of Writing ...At first i was weary of the topic but if it wasn't Acts of Reading it was 19th century BORING PRIDE AND PREJUDICE!! So i took my chances..and i don't mind the subject in actuality. We haven't even glanced at the other texts (patchwork girl etc) We are still going , rather tidiously, through Manguel's book. :sleep:

So don't worry kids i feel your pain :mad1:

Megabelt

HSC
hey guys of 2007,

i'm from penrith high and we're doing acts of reading and writing too. this is the first year our school has done it, so there's no notes i can scab. but we do have the best teacher in the world [mr howie, national president of english teachers or something big wig like that] and we have a wiki with these kids in dubbo who are doing the same topic... anyone here from dubbo?

Last edited:

*miranda*

HSC
Megabelt said:
hey guys of 2007,

i'm from penrith high and we're doing acts of reading and writing too. this is the first year our school has done it, so there's no notes i can scab. but we do have the best teacher in the world [mr howie, national president of english teachers or something big wig like that] and we have a wiki with these kids in dubbo who are doing the same topic... anyone here from dubbo?
what?! I'm from Dubbo. I go to the Senior Campus...I've never heard of that though....maybe its with one of the private schools though

we're currently studying a room of ones own, its not to bad...then i think we do letters to alice upon first reading jane austen :S then patchwork girl....we did frankenstein in prelim so no one is looking forward to that.

what the hell is a wiki?

***chichi***

HSC
OMG LOL hey miranda this is krystle!!
yep i am also from dubbo and studying a room of ones own! i think it is pretty good, but i need another text for this terms assessment! groan!! oh well i guess it could be worse..maybe
oxoxo

*tara90*

HSC
well hello hello dubbo friends. well we all had the same idea huh? well unfortunately there's like absolutely no suggestions for additional texts on here, or on the whole internet for that matter. :eek:

somewhereelse

HSC
i know hey.. our teacher has given us some vague clues, but i have an exam in a week and i still dont have a text yet!!!

*miranda*

HSC
hey! yeah this topic is quite annoying me at the moment! i have a couple of ideas now but i need to run them by the teacher first - they might not be sophisticated enough tara

***chichi***

HSC
well well well tara lol soon we will have our whole class on here too! yes i heard about the lack of sophistication with ur text, he said the same thing about a 4pg story i wrote for that hw!! i think he could tell i was annoyed cos he kept assuring me that he was being harsh to everyone (hmmm i think there are a few ppl in class that are avoiding his critisism if you get my drift :mad1: ) lol well i will see you ladies on monday morning oxoxox:) :wave:

*tara90*

HSC
oh i certainly get ur drift krystle *wink wink* well i showed him a text on friday that i'm thinking of doing and he said it was good. and i asked if it was sophisticated enough and i think he kind of sensed that i was being a teensy bit sarcastic and he kind of said (in a roundabout sort of way) that he was just in a bad mood that day in class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)