Acts of Reading and Writing... (1 Viewer)

*tara90*

HSC
and i still wanna know what a wiki is. i mean if i'm part of it and all.....

Megabelt

HSC
hey dubbo people,

yeh well i think that was the original idea of our teacher to join up with you guys or some one else, but it never happened and i doubt it will.

how are you guys studying yours? through essentialism? post-structuarlism? bakhtin/dialogue? etc...

*miranda*

HSC
....um....we've been looking at modernism and post-modernism and i think we're going to look at structuralism but our teacher said that a room of ones own was a modern text (correct me if i'm wrong) so i think thats how we're studying it....:S

Megabelt

HSC
we're studying it through bakhtin, which is kinda easy because manguel relates directly to it. if youre not doing it that way in class, you should probably look at one of his essays or something for a supplementary text :)

CieL

HSC
Surprised to see so many people are finally starting to get into this module..

In my year (05) we pretty much had two schools doing it.. HGHS and Griffith High.. they came all the way over and scabbed off us for a day..

somewhereelse

HSC
i love it.. i dont think they're doing it next year though (apparently.. someone said the related texts arent on the reading list for either next years or 2009..) but yeah, i find it really interesting.. a little confusing, but in that rewarding-challenge type way. & i havent lost a mark in an essay for it yet :) (but still awaiting trial results.. ><)

frezbo

HSC
anyone doing Acts of Reading and Writing this year who is not under the guidance of that oh so heteroglossic man, Howie?

Whoa!

HSC
I wonder that every night. Though I would be interested to know, are there any people not from Penrith here doing the elective?

frezbo

HSC
Whoa! said:
Though I would be interested to know, are there any people not from Penrith here doing the elective?
haha, yeah, that's what i meant. probably not, by the looks of things.

racheyx

HSC
Freia! I'll see you by the heater in roll call tomorrow.

themobbit

HSC
frezbo said:
anyone doing Acts of Reading and Writing this year who is not under the guidance of that oh so heteroglossic man, Howie?
The Howie monster is everywhere...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)