actuaries??-whats that (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Notes to self - start postin' at 11.74 posts today to prevent the unlikely outcome of a 12th Jan '04. ;)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, when that time does arise, we shall have to post using the formula:

<center>f(t) = L(t) + 0.01</center>

where
L(t) = Lexi's Post Count at time t
f(t) = flyin''s Post Count at time t

:D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
You'll have to double your post rate to equal mine. Of course, you'll have to make a reasonable number of posts relevant and helpful to stop Minai from resetting your ass :p

(21.61)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
You'll have to double your post rate to equal mine. Of course, you'll have to make a reasonable number of posts relevant and helpful to stop Minai from resetting your ass :p

(21.61)
loook...ur post counts r there just bcoz minai doesn't understand japanese!!! :p

Rahul

Dead Member
but you have forgotten the rahul conjecture

R(t)=b(x).q(x)

where b(x) is the expectancy of bored's existence

q(x) is slighlty more complicated.
it is defined as:
q(x)=[b(x)-r(x)]p(t)
where r(x) is time that rahul has been on bored and p(t) is the post count avg for a time t. b(x) was defined earlier...

notice that calculus can be used to calculate extreme spammage-ing. but that has to be related to the time-stress(hsc) function

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer

(21.61)
Don't worry, I'll take care of half your posts with a Delete option, I have here. ;)
Originally posted by freaking_out
loook...ur post counts r there just bcoz minai doesn't understand japanese!!! :p
That's so true. :D

Rahul, that's a little crazy. :rofl:

bong

HSC
Originally posted by Minai
As one person put it, u can stay on and simply pass everything, but at the end of the day, u may as well have not done Actuarial as a major..
jus revivin an old thread... forgive my ignorance...

can dey still get a job even though dey dont gain exemptions and jus pass their way thru??? at unsw dat is...

n gain part 1/part 2 whilst working??

edit: more to the point, would firms hire them???

Last edited:

dvse

HSC
N/A
It's certainly not impossible. A few of my friends did not get many of Part I exemptions, got jobs as generic commerce grads (claims management, business banking etc) and then moved to actuarial positions via internal transfer.

They are expected to get the qualification as soon as possible though and it is a lot harder when you work.

In any case I would suggest doing Part I through UK IA while you are still at uni.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by flyin'
Don't worry, I'll take care of half your posts with a Delete option, I have here. ;)
lol....well not quite half;) the tree has spread its roots well*taps nose*
Originally posted by flyin'
Rahul, that's a little crazy. :rofl:
haha yes, it was maths procastination i think :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
well put it this way, people with part1 and part2 aren't finding it that easy... so itd make life a little easier if you did have those qualifications

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)