• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Actuary Course Help!!!!! (1 Viewer)

adz1098

HSC
Which course is more beneficial/suited to me if I wish to major as an Actuary: B Commerce/Economics or B Commerce/Adv Maths. Which one will help me get a better job/ most related to my course?

garrry

HSC
Which one do you like better, economics or maths?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Actuarial Studies is a Commerce major.

Doesn't really matter.

adz1098

HSC
So there is no point of doing the extra year, because it will not better my chances of being employed post uni/ be beneficial to my comm major?

twistedrebel

HSC
you fucking retard aspie cunt. There is no hard and fast formula recruitment company have oh he has commerce/eco or commerce/adv maths or commerce hence double is better. It depends on you on a person but dw you ll probably fail actuarial anyways.

adz1098

HSC
you fucking retard aspie cunt. There is no hard and fast formula recruitment company have oh he has commerce/eco or commerce/adv maths or commerce hence double is better. It depends on you on a person but dw you ll probably fail actuarial anyways.
Sorry, I dont mean to sound naive. I know thats not how employers think. just want to know if it is worth the extra year to do adv maths?

halapenyo

HSC
if you enjoy maths then that extra year would be worth it. its really just up to you.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Advanced Maths is forced Honours in maths. If you don't want to do Honours in maths, then you don't do Advanced maths. You drop to normal Science with a major in maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)