• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

acturial studies (im in 12) (1 Viewer)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
the law guy in my workplace sits infront of the computer too man...
so do the accountants...
the receptionist..
the ceo...

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
aditya said:
hahaha sounds awesome... yet boring... u do an actuary to do finance work lol not learn computer program... sorry but i did tafe accounting and i know wat its like to learn about software... so yeh..

IT suddenly doesnt sound so bad *thinks*

oh yeh ryan is that the ad i saw on my career lol.. that i called and they said the positions have been fillled :mad::mad::mad::mad: lol

yeh man take it for sure!!! if its finance related thats full mad... u should take it without any doubts... and do ur best to get through it.... thatll land u mad jobs, let alone jobs later on.... if u dunt at least try it ull regret it... undoubtedly...
roflz =D
sorri man hahaha

i applied for so many places its not funny... i had interviews since last wed... so i had like 10 interviews in like 8 days T_T not funn

but i at least gained some interview confidence.. and i got offered a position for a few firms =]

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
i applied for so many places its not funny... i had interviews since last wed... so i had like 10 interviews in like 8 days T_T not funn
QUOTE]

haha sumfin similar to that happened to me and in the latter interviews the interviewers were like "wow u have all these brilliant achievements but u dont seem to be very excited when you talk about them."

and then in some interviews u 4get whether u already told them sumfin or was it in another interview u did 15minutes ago.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
woah that sounds hardcore..

all i do is...click this....click that....*grabs a coke from fridge*....click this......

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=- said:
woah that sounds hardcore..

all i do is...click this....click that....*grabs a coke from fridge*....click this......
haha its the phillipines..go figure! :p

aditya

HSC
yeh see mala... :p

but i didnt mean to attack u, proli after u learn the program theyll get u to contribute to something :S

that sounds mad btw isaaq - where are u working? have u finished uni or work exp? (excuse the ignorance)

your work sounds like a game.. hahaha like an intelligent game where u fiddle with finances and make money lol... ive always dreamed for a game like that *dreams more*

i think ill install business tycoon lol

grrr jealous :D

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
new update on wot im doing at work:
i open up an application and test output. so basically..i click sumfin...then i wait 15min...

bringing in discman next week..

Actuarial Boy
HSC
lolz.. well i got eas for 2 unis and most likely for macu too

hopefully can get into eco/actuarial or app fin and actuarial

if not ill have to work my ass off to get in through a transfer

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
damn i wish i went for the eas i cant believe i was sooo stupid...is flexible entry into maq acst even possible, like if i fall just short (e.g .05 or sosomething like that)

im really worried rite now i have no idea wots gonna happen...and i dont really wanna go to unsw...the reason my uai was lower than i had initially expected was that i dropped business for french at end of year 11 and i didnt do well in french, compromising my uai in the end...if all else fails im gonna have to do com/law at maq and attempt to transfer...unless the cut off doesnt rise too much

Last edited:

Actuarial Boy
HSC
no idea >< what uai u get supra???

the single degree cant rise too much can it =\

CrashOveride

HSC
flyin:

I didnt do any economics or humanities type subjects in school. Im basically into math and the sciences but ive been thinking about Actuariall studies for the last few weeks. Do you think i have a chance at getting the once off 2.5K with my UAI? Or do heaps of high UAI ppl do this course from your experience?

Also, i imagfine this degree has been going for quite sometime, yet to be an actual practicing actuary you have to go get the FIAA accrediation, which as of last year only like 1200 people have? Do heaps of people drop out? Because couple of uni;'s offer it and 1200 isnt a big number for a degree thats been running for at least...20 years???

flamin'

Isaaq said:
james: sounds awesome man, wanna trade jobs??? i need something with no stress heehe

OK I presented my product to the EVP today. It went really really well, to my relief. The only problem is that with updated assumptions, the new product struggles to undercut the premiums of our current selling permanent life product, which has assumptions circa 1992. I lowered commissions rates (pissing off the underwriters in the process) and ended up raising the premiums slightly (pissing them off even more)...

But I had to.... since 1992, expenses per policy have doubled and our assumed rate of return on investment has fallen. Plus some dick back in 1992 discounted with the inflation rate and not the interest rate, making it even harder to match their prices. But it seems like the new product will push through.....the agents really want to kill us though. the new product should be on the shelves late february if marketing gets its act together.

aditya: i'm working at a life insurance co. i'm still in uni.
Whoa Isaac.. you sound so tech. You're doing more tech stuff than us at the moment. So pro with all them calcs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)