• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

acturial studies (im in 12) (1 Viewer)

RIZAL

HSC
james: too bad about the discman... at least u can get a replacement one fairly cheaply. and it coulda been worse, you could have started a fire and burned down the office.

ipod's are too expensive for what you get IMO.. but they are pretty cool still.

aditya

HSC
if u get the 40gb one its worth it... its only 574 dollars witht he dock :S and if u ever dunt want it anymore than u can just sell it, cuz they dunt go down in value....

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
haha its aiight im kinda on a spending spree..

i bought panasonic discman dat plays cd and discman. enuff for office use. it was abit over 100 bux..

i bought another mobile 2day haha. 3's LG U8120. ive become 1 of those ppl who carry 2 fones....xcept both my fones kick ass ^^...well the U8120 doesnt kick ass but meh better than the earlier air con ones.

RIZAL

HSC
-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=- said:
haha its aiight im kinda on a spending spree..

i bought panasonic discman dat plays cd and discman. enuff for office use. it was abit over 100 bux..

i bought another mobile 2day haha. 3's LG U8120. ive become 1 of those ppl who carry 2 fones....xcept both my fones kick ass ^^...well the U8120 doesnt kick ass but meh better than the earlier air con ones.

dude y did u get another fone? ur old one kicks ass already?? is it because heaps of ppl we know r on 3 now?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Mala, wheres ur office ?
Im working in north sydney atm, sifnt visit if ur in nth sydney :p

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
we're at bondi junction. dats..east not north, not south ^^

ye ye sry i meant cd and mp3. sry im juz too busy these days to think and type at same time.

me and the receptionists were talkn about our mobile fones this arvo and then ceo came and we were like ah crap but he joined in haha. pulled out his motorola z3 razor and starts showing off haha. its so thin!

xmas break coming yay yay!

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
speaking of bonuses
i worked for mq uni for like 3 hrs this yr at an actuarial info morning. i got paid like 70 sumfin. and now i juz got a $100 xmas bonus from them coz they give it to all mq staff..
dats funni

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
how many % of the actuary students in ur yr are asian? just wondern if it is like mainly asian ... and are there lotsa international students in acutarial ?? coz this is the impression i get when i catch my bus near mq... lotsa fobs haha

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
about 180 ppl started, about 10 of them were aussie or caucasion. about 10 were middle eastern. about 20-30 are indian/sri lankans. the rest r azn. about 20 would be internationals. mainly from shanghai and malaysia

kunny funt

Large Member
HSC
for you guys doing acst, why did you choose this course ? like what were your reasons for choosing this over anything else u may have been interested in ?

bigredboof

HSC
i thhink it was the first job i came across in the job guide book that mixed maths and finance. and that was wehn i was about 13 years old, and it stuck with me

aditya

HSC
lol are u serious.... faaark ur a genius

wat do u think of the science advanced (mathematics and finance) u get like 7 majors in each plus a couple of electives??? u rekn thats a good path to take to get into the finance world?

im just worried about getting in... im not concerned about movigin up... i just want a job wen i graduate u know wat im saying?? is that sooo ad :'(

feng

become an investment banker

i just read an article in the smh which said that the avg graduate (i think) earned $65k usd a year and got a $35k bonus...$100k usd...not bad for a graduate =)

im probably going to lean more towards the finance side of actuary after reading that bwahaha

kunny funt

Large Member
HSC
aditya said:
lol are u serious.... faaark ur a genius

wat do u think of the science advanced (mathematics and finance) u get like 7 majors in each plus a couple of electives??? u rekn thats a good path to take to get into the finance world?

im just worried about getting in... im not concerned about movigin up... i just want a job wen i graduate u know wat im saying?? is that sooo ad :'(

im thinking of that maths/finance course as well, but not many people do it for some reason, ppl interested in it prob just do actuarial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)