• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Adam and Eve or Evolution? (1 Viewer)

Adam and Eve or Evolution?

• Creationism

Votes: 64 15.5%
  • Evolution

Votes: 255 61.6%
  • Both

Votes: 68 16.4%
  • don't know

Votes: 27 6.5%

• Total voters

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
according to one of the biology lecturers at my uni, if you times the average mutation rate by the number of base pairs in the human genome

it works out that every human has about 3 unique new mutations each
Have either of you done any classes on information theory? Out of curiosity, because whenever I read an online debate about the 'increase of information' it usually ends requiring the biologist to try to explain what 'information' means in a non-everyday sense.

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Enteebee said:
Have either of you done any classes on information theory? Out of curiosity, because whenever I read an online debate about the 'increase of information' it usually ends requiring the biologist to try to explain what 'information' means in a non-everyday sense.
Nope.

To be honest, I ignored what chaldoking asked about 'information', because the way he was using it is meaningless in this context.

bobzz

HSC
staticsiscool said:
Are you retarded? You just posted shit backing up what kwayera said?
narr i was posting that information bit for bigboyjames reply

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
But thats not what he said, he was commenting on you saying we came from monkeys and where is that monkey now and why didnt he evolve too.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
liiiiam said:
There's to big a chance for my life, the life of humans, the life of the planet, thesolar system, the galaxy and all time and matter for me to exist, so i just live denying both.
There are millions of solar systems out there, many of them with orbiting bodies. Many of these orbiting bodies have satellites of their own.
All that's needed for life is a stable planet in a stable solar system, orbiting not too close and not too far away from the sun.
Other than this, the only other thing needed is time. And we've had 4.5 billion years of it.
It's not a matter of chance.
It's a matter of inevitability.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
chaldoking said:
Its not sophisticated and complex if it doesn't work!
Your anatomy is deemed sophisticated and complex by both evolution and religion. And yet your brain doesn't work properly. Hmmm... There goes that idea.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
staticsiscool said:
But thats not what he said, he was commenting on you saying we came from monkeys and where is that monkey now and why didnt he evolve too.
He did evolve, retard. He's a chimpanzee now. Or a human.
The animals you see alive on earth today most of the time aren't the common ancestors of another animal. The modern monkeys are another evolutionary variation.
Evolution is not linear. It's like a tree. You start at the trunk and you branch outwards. Each of the leaves is an individual species alive today. Sometimes you hit a dead end and that new species dies out. Like the Neanderthals. They weren't our ancestors, they were a variation of homo habilus (?). They were an evolutionary dead-end, so they died out (or were killed by humans) and were replaced by us.
Our common ancestor with the chimp is probably dead. Taken over physically by the chimpanzee and mentally or physically (or both) by human ancestors. Who in turn were overtaken by us.
Sometimes the evolution process only has one or two stages between the modern version and the common ancestor. Other times there are many more stages in between the modern version and the same ancestor.

martin123

HSC
moll. said:
There are millions of solar systems out there, many of them with orbiting bodies. Many of these orbiting bodies have satellites of their own.
All that's needed for life is a stable planet in a stable solar system, orbiting not too close and not too far away from the sun.
Other than this, the only other thing needed is time. And we've had 4.5 billion years of it.
It's not a matter of chance.
It's a matter of inevitability.
lol if the is 4.5 billion years old then the moon would have been soo close to the earth that it would have clashed with it, we all know the mooon moves away from the earth every year, if the earth is 4.5 billion years old then land life wouldnt have been able to live because the moon's gravitational pull on the sea waves would have made them massive and they would have been continously clashing against land this would have killed all life on the land. And if the earth is 4.5 billion years old the moon would be farther away from earth than now.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
martin123 said:
lol if the is 4.5 billion years old then the moon would have been soo close to the earth that it would have clashed with it, we all know the mooon moves away from the earth every year, if the earth is 4.5 billion years old then land life wouldnt have been able to live because the moon's gravitational pull on the sea waves would have made them massive and they would have been continously clashing against land this would have killed all life on the land. And if the earth is 4.5 billion years old the moon would be farther away from earth than now.
Actually the moon was probably a carved-off chunk of the Earth when it was hit by something really, really big a long, long time ago.

HalcyonSky

HSC
martin123 said:
thanks for your scientific insight, why dont you write a paper on this theory and get it peer reviewed / published? its pure brilliance

HalcyonSky

HSC
martin123 said:
another troll of chaldoking btw

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
martin123 said:
what you're saying is equivalent to this:

yesterday, the max temperature was 25 degrees, while today it was 24 degrees.

Therefore only a few weeks ago, the earth would have been too cold to support life

Therefore, god created the universe last thursday

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
martin123 said:
I said the earth was 4.5 billion years old. Not the moon.
Please do some research first before you criticise something. Otherwise you just look stupid.
One of the most popular hypothesis for the creation of the moon at the moment, is the idea of a "giant impact" with the earth, in which the moon was just one body formed in the debris afterward. For it to impact with the earth, it means that the earth had to exist and be large enough to weather the sheer force of this impact. Which in turn means that the earth had to have had time to form before hand, which could have taken millions of years.
As for the moving apart section, i would implore you to do some very basic mathematics. The approximate movement of the moon away from the earth is 3.8 metres each century. That's 0.0038km per century. That's 0.038km per millenia. 38km per million years. 38,000km per billion years. Or 171,000km in the past 4.5 billion years if we assume that the moon was created the same time as the earth.
The current distance between the earth and the moon is 384,403 km.

What were you saying about collision?
Sorry?
I didn't quite catch that.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
If evolouution was true then what people are saying is if people spent 1 month living in the sea then there body should adapt to the environment by forming fins and gills to swim because evoloution is when an animal changes its body to suit the environment features. Would this actually happpen? I dare you people who belive in evoloution to go out and live in the water and we will see if you bodies will grown new adaptions to suit the environment.Unlikely! you say evoloution happened but you havent even witnessed it. Did you see come from apes? did some one recor us evolving from apes? or is it because you cannot see God so you decide to form weird theories to answer you questions. why not turn to God to find the answes through the bible.
Oh sweet Jesus, I lol'd so hard and my first thought was. Gills? REMEMBER THE HOT GUY, CANT THINK OF HIS NAME, OFF SEAQUEST? THE ONE WITH GILLS?

Hot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)