adding a turbo (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
funniboi said:
if the man wants to chuck on a turbo , then so be it,

don't give him shit and tell him not to do it, and judge him.

mate, at least it's something different.
yeah true, I am just trying to warn him that it could be a waste of money..

If he wants to do up the yaris maby get a body kit on it or something, new rims stuff like that, that blue sema yaris I posted looks decent.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
hot super pocket rockets are awesome

6 grand for the turbo upgrade kit is a bit much unless ur a mechanic urself and understand ur car fully. Plus, modded cars a real shit to resell...most likely impossible,

pocket rockets i think are mad are

barina SRI 8 secs to 100kmh costs around $13k
golf vr6
golf gti
polo gti
golf tdi
pulsar gtir
mazda familia
mazda3 mps (2007)
corrolla sportivo
echo sportivo
bmw 130

i recon u shud go for the SRI, it looks friggin awesome

small fast cars look kooler than big cars...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Can you even get the bmw 130 in Australia yet? That would be powerful- and probably damn expensive too.

Mr Will

HSC
Serius said:
yeah there would be a performace gain, i estimat e about 30% in your car, but it would cost alot, the only reason doing it to a yaris would be like too lazy said, make people think your car is a little shit box, go someone at the lights. and knock off a wrx. Gawd that would be funny

the only reason you would turbo a shit car is if
a) you are a mechanic and are doing it for the fun of it
b) you have alot of money to throw around

that is one of the funniest things ive ever read...30% performance gain? how can you possibly make a statement like that...gain could be anywhere between 5% and 500% depending on type of turbo, compression, boost level etc etc...estimating performance gains without knowing more details about the setup is just stupid

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just read in NRMA that BMW 130i is coming to Australia- but there are only 120 of them being shipped to Aus in 2006 (Ref:NRMA Open Road Mar/Apr2006 p16). I'm guessing people will probably find it hard to justify spending so much on what is, the cheapest BMW (ie. the 1 series) with an engine taken from it's bigger siblings... the price isn't that steep as I thought it'd be ($62,900 manual/$65,500 auto + ORC), but for that price you could land yourself in an Evo (yes I'm aware it is a significant drop in 'prestige') or a 320i Executive.

Spec wise- 0-100 in 6.1s isn't too shabby for the little car though.

Mr Will

HSC
seremify007 said:
Just read in NRMA that BMW 130i is coming to Australia- but there are only 120 of them being shipped to Aus in 2006 (Ref:NRMA Open Road Mar/Apr2006 p16). I'm guessing people will probably find it hard to justify spending so much on what is, the cheapest BMW (ie. the 1 series) with an engine taken from it's bigger siblings... the price isn't that steep as I thought it'd be ($62,900 manual/$65,500 auto + ORC), but for that price you could land yourself in an Evo (yes I'm aware it is a significant drop in 'prestige') or a 320i Executive.

Spec wise- 0-100 in 6.1s isn't too shabby for the little car though.

from a drivers point of view i think the 130i woudl be more fun. being able to drive the evo to its full potential would take some serious skill, it would certainly be worth it though. for the driver who just likes to have a fang around the 'burbs then the 130 would be more practical, not to mention easier to live with on a daily basis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)