Advanced engineering (1 Viewer)

samwell

HSC
Do we hav to overload though even if we are doin double degrees?
can we do tsp and advanced engineering in one semester or can we defer one till 2nd semester?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
take it up for a month of so and see how it goes. if you dont like it you can always drop it.
That'd make you just about the biggest cunt out from the perspective of your group members.

engineering

HSC
N/A
Speak to Tim at enrolment, at the civil desk

That's my plan, seeing as it means you won't regret not trying it.

Although, i'm still waiting on advice from someone concerning taking it with a combined degree, seeing as the handbook says anyone doing b eng/ b arch should 'seek advice' before they enrol in adv endineering. Has anyone else spoken to the uni about this? I'm concerned they won't get back to me before enrolment...

Last edited:

konkzz

HSC
How long does it take to enrol if I'm enrolling for engineering/commerce ?

Miss Winey

HSC
have you watched 21? bunch of science geeks making robots and shit. when i first met a bunch of these fools, they asked me what im into...and im like cricket, sport, PC etc etc...and im like what are you into....and they start speaking of all these computer gadget machines and fucking quatam physics and science projects. just fucking poofy.

you talk to them and they are spitting at you, you try and be nice to them and they think your teasing them. it was just weird.

hahahahah
Clearly you need to take step back and analyse your actions as oppose to criticising others. Reading the above, who is really the one that is "trying to nice"

On another note,
I have plenty of friends advanced engineering, (i wasn't smart enough to get in) they say it is challenging but interesting. They make good conversation. and plenty of them are into cricket, sport, drinking beer and cracking lame jokes about arts students....just like the rest of engineering.
i think it is a real honour to be invited in advanced engineering. I try to go along to their presentations it is really interesting.
but my opinion only. it is up to you.

adnan91

HSC
can you get into it 2nd year even tho u didnt make it in 1st year? provided u have good marks in 1st year

akukei

HSC
can you get into it 2nd year even tho u didnt make it in 1st year? provided u have good marks in 1st year
I'm not sure about joining in 2nd year, but if you are keen you can email them and request to join advanced engineering or something along those lines. Check the advanced engineering page on their website.

adgala

HSC
Also, I heard that if you undertake the Advanced Engineering program, Macquarie Banks hires the all the undergraduates in the 2nd year ? Can anyone confirm that ?
not true. if you want to work for mac bank over the summer break you have to apply like any other student.

konkzz

HSC
For Advanced Engineering, how many hours per week are devoted to lectures and tutorials ?

Also, is it possible to fail this unit of study since it's a team project-based ?

akukei

HSC
You will be assessed on "A written report on the project undertaken and other oral and written presentations as specified" so if you perform badly i'm sure it is possible to fail.

Also i'm not sure how many hours they add up to, but there is one lecture and one tutorial each week.

Check the handbook to find this information.

konkzz

HSC
akukei, are you taking advanced engineering then ?

The thing is, if I fail this unit, would it matter since I'm already enrolled in the standard enrolment with advanced engineering being an overload ?

I think both lectures and tutorials are on Friday, which sucks.

akukei

HSC
Yeah i'm also taking advanced engineering as an extra unit of study. Overloading will be interesting. Haha.

I'm assuming it wouldn't matter too much if you fail this unit since your're overloading. Since it's only first year I don't think it will be counted towards your WAM. However, if you want a definite answer you should probably email somebody from the university, i can't tell you for certain how it will impact on your course.

konkzz

HSC
Yep, sounds good. We get a month to decide whether we want to drop this unit or not (without any financial penalties), do we not ?

Also, just a question, how many contact hours do you have for B Engineering (Civil) / B Design in Architecture ?

akukei

HSC
Yeah something like that.

And i'm not sure exactly, but it looks like it will be somewhere about 26 hours a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)