advanced science or normal science. (1 Viewer)

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
this will sound stupid. i swear im kinda smart.
is ANU good? i thought it sucked!!! i just turned down a scholarship there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANU's ranking is severely bloated because of the HUGE research endowments they receive from the Govt. But it is in fact a great uni - not taking anything away from that. Not at all worth turning USYD down for, DONT WORRY!

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
ANU is Australia's Best University according to Times Magazine.

the Good Uni Guide is derived from Course Questionnaires by graduates of degrees themselves and the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace in conjunction with Graduate Careers Australia who administer the CEQ.

That's pretty definitive, in my opinion.
Haha yeah, the hipster thing was just a way of venting my frustration of people defaming my beloved university.

And iSplicer, O Glorious Beacon of Academia,
Dude, I love you. <3 <3

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, I used to be pro-Sydney until... well, yeah. The Good Uni Guide veered me away from them.

And the fact that UNSW has an indoor cricket and futsal social competition.

And I love you too iSplicer, in a Platonic way =P

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, I used to be pro-Sydney until... well, yeah. The Good Uni Guide veered me away from them.
I mean, of course! One published guide MUST take precedence over the entire public and internet's perception of USYD as one of the finest universities one can attend in Australia

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, that and it's appalling rating on uniaustralia.com.au , what people have said about it and the like.

I'd love to go to Sydney because I know the campus well, and there are more hot chicks there and I love the Quadrangle - but... you know. The tides have changed apparently O Grand and Glorious One, or OGAGO.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, that and it's appalling rating on uniaustralia.com.au , what people have said about it and the like.

Heh, on a site which places Bond at #1, a huge, huge margin in front of any university? *cough* validity, reliability *cough*

And I love you too iSplicer, in a Platonic way =P
PLATONIC?!?! =[ =[ =[ =[ =[ =[ =[ =[ </3

there are more hot chicks there
Do you really need to say any more?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah, but they'll never talk to me. They'll just remind me of my inadequacies when it comes to women ;)

And the Good Uni Guide gave Bond 5 stars in teaching quality, generic skills, graduate satisfaction, staff qualifications and three stars in staff-student ratios. They also got 4 stars in getting a job, and 5 stars in positive graduate outcomes and salaries.

Though they only got 1 star in research grants and intensity.

It can't be that bad.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Also, here's some real data, not compiled by a bunch of hipsters behind a typewriter on a whim:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_universities_in_Australia

National Rank University World Rank
1 Australian National University 17
2 University of Sydney 36
3 University of Melbourne 36
4 University of Queensland 41
5 Monash University 45
6 University of New South Wales 47
7 University of Adelaide 81
8 University of Western Australia 84

http://www.australian-universities.com/rankings/
University* Aus Rank (World Rank)
Australian National University (ANU) 1 (59)
University of Melbourne 2 (62)
University of Sydney 3 (92)
Ranking is, correct me if I'm wrong, more relevant to post-grad degrees rather than under-grad. Plus, that's international reputation they're advertising; GUS will have more relevance dometically.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
As in...?

Like no hot chicks? It's the Gold Coast - there are bound to be hot chicks there... in the summer. Maybe. Assuming the hot chicks converge there at this time and this time only.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
i dont think hot QLD girls bother with uni.
Hey c'mon Lisa, you're my awesome usyd buddy and all.. but that's a pretty harsh generalisation =). I'm sure there are heaps of female med students down at the Nathan griffith campus!

lisa_xo

HSC
Hey c'mon Lisa, you're my awesome usyd buddy and all.. but that's a pretty harsh generalisation =). I'm sure there are heaps of female med students down at the Nathan griffith campus!
i know it was kinda harsh. but id like to think it were true.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Define heaps - perhaps 5? =P

Medicine's intake is apparently pretty low anyway.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
i dont think any girl would be happy seeing a hot beach babe doing med. no one should be amazingly pretty and smart. thats just not fair!
So what category do you fall into? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)